The administrative professional program's goal is to address
the needs of Montgomery College's office professionals: administrative aides and assistants, office assistants, and office managers. The needs are defined by feedback and input that administrative professionals offer to CPOD and especially through the ALT Key.
- ALT-KEY: The Administrative Leadership Team is a group of administrative professional volunteers that offers insight and suggestions for classes and other resources and helps occasionally to coordinate projects. One project, "MC Primer," provides quick links to important resources that the MC administrative professional uses frequently.
Current components of the administrative professionals' program include classes, an annual conference, a group portal on MyMC, and a campus ambassador program.
- "60-Minute Matters"Classes: A one-hour class series features topics of special interest to the administrative professional.
Sign up for the 60-Minute Matters classes
- Annual Conference: Each year Montgomery College sponsors a one-day conference during administrative professionals' week in late April. The conference features a keynote event, multiple breakout sessions, and opportunities to meet colleagues and network with others.
2012 Conference: The Key to Navigating Change
- Campus Ambassadors: Newly hired administrative professionals receive a visit or a telephone call from a seasoned colleague during their first week of employment to welcome them and to offer to serve as a resource during the first few months as the new employee becomes familiar with the procedures and routines of work.
- MyMC Group portal: This subscription site features news of interest to administrative professionals and many interesting links to articles, organizations, tips, and external professional development opportunities.
- Professional Organizations:
- Resources and Services: