Greetings from the Department Chair!
I am pleased to welcome you to the Department of Physics, Engineering, and Geosciences at the Rockville Campus of Montgomery College! We offer a host of courses in a number of different disciplines to accommodate all types of students. Whether you are looking to complete a degree here at Montgomery College, start a program of study to transfer to a four year university, or simply attend a course in the interest of professional development, we can help.
I encourage you to explore our website. Please feel free to contact the department at 240-567-5230 for any further information.
Muhammad Kehnemouyi, Ph.D., PE
Professor & Chair
SC 436C Science Center
Office Hours: MW 10-11:30am
- Dr. Darryll Pines, Dean of the University of Maryland Clark School of Engineering will speak with MC Students on Tuesday, Apr. 22nd, 3pm, Music Bldg: Room 126
- MC Observatory Guest Night - Come Look at the Stars! Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight... on Friday, April 18, from 9-10pm. Register here. Contact Dr. Carrie Fitzgerald for more information.
- MC Stargazers Astronomy Club Interest Meeting, 4pm, Friday, Feb. 7th, SC 404. Contact Dr. Carrie Fitzgerald for more information.
- First Meeting of Geology Club for Spring 2014, 3:30pm, Thursday, Feb. 6th, SC 404. Contact Dr. Alan Cutler for more information.
- Robotics Club Meetings, 2:30-5pm, every Friday, SC 408. Contact Dr. Alex Hou for more information.
- Camera animation is unavailable for our site
- Weather alerts will not appear on this site. For severe weather information users should subscribe to Montgomery College ALERT system
- Pressing the Reset Station link only refreshes your screen and does not affect any of our data.
- A Student Opportunity Bulletin Board
Most Recent Postings:
Gain preliminary hands-on research experience in speech processing, and learn to communicate scientific findings. Topics include speech segmentation, speaker recognition and speech enhancement.
When: Every Tuesday, 1-2pm (starting October 18)
Where: SC 428
Learn about nanotechnology and perform introductory research in a state-of-the-art facility at Howard University
When: Every Saturday, 1-2pm (starting October 22)
Where: Howard University CREST Nanoscale Analytical Sciences Research and Education Center
Important Notice: Please send an email to Dr. Abanulo at Uchechukwu.email@example.com to indicate interest and wait for a confirmation email (including directions and contact person) before participating in the Nanotechnology Research Activity.
Also visit the SEM Internships Homepage for other student opportunties.
||Please enjoy this slide show presentation of our classrooms, laboratories, workshops, as well as the various activities in which our students, faculty and staff are constantly involved.