Greetings from the Department Chair!
I am pleased to welcome you to the Department of Physics, Engineering, and Geosciences at the Rockville Campus of Montgomery College! We offer a host of courses in a number of different disciplines to accommodate all types of students. Whether you are looking to complete a degree here at Montgomery College, start a program of study to transfer to a four year university, or simply attend a course in the interest of professional development, we can help.
I encourage you to explore our website. Please feel free to contact the department at 240-567-5230 for any further information.
Muhammad Kehnemouyi, Ph.D., PE
Professor & Chair
SC 436C Science Center
- MC Observatory Guest Night - Come Look at the Stars! Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight... on Friday, Deecember 6, 2013 from 7-8pm. Register here. Contact Dr. Carrie Fitzgerald for more information.
- Astronomy Club Interest Meeting, Friday, Oct. 4th, SC 404. Contact Dr. Carrie Fitzgerald for more information.
- Engineering Without Borders meets during Fall 2013, on Thursdays, 3-4pm, in SC 412. Also, find out more information at the EWB chapter website.
- Checkout Observatory Open House information at the Observatory Website for the observatory at the roof of the new Science Center as hosted by Dr. Carrie Fitzgerald. For update on weather conditions, details and dates, call 240-567-5415, or see the Astronomy Homepage.
- The MC-Rockville Campus Weatherbug Weather Station Our meteorological data for the last 120 days, current readings, daily and monthly observations, graphing tools, hourly and 7-day forecasts, live camera, and maps!
- Camera animation is unavailable for our site
- Weather alerts will not appear on this site. For severe weather information users should subscribe to Montgomery College ALERT system
- Pressing the Reset Station link only refreshes your screen and does not affect any of our data.
- A Student Opportunity Bulletin Board
Most Recent Postings:
Gain preliminary hands-on research experience in speech processing, and learn to communicate scientific findings. Topics include speech segmentation, speaker recognition and speech enhancement.
When: Every Tuesday, 1-2pm (starting October 18)
Where: SC 428
Learn about nanotechnology and perform introductory research in a state-of-the-art facility at Howard University
When: Every Saturday, 1-2pm (starting October 22)
Where: Howard University CREST Nanoscale Analytical Sciences Research and Education Center
Important Notice: Please send an email to Dr. Abanulo at Uchechukwu.firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate interest and wait for a confirmation email (including directions and contact person) before participating in the Nanotechnology Research Activity.
Also visit the SEM Internships Homepage for other student opportunties.
||Please enjoy this slide show presentation of our classrooms, laboratories, workshops, as well as the various activities in which our students, faculty and staff are constantly involved.