Skip Navigation Links - Jump to main contentDivider
Department of Social Sciences Homepage   My MC LoginLink to Home - Montgomery College Maryland

Home |  Faculty & Staff | Contact Us |  Academic Success Center    



A Word about Transferring

In order to accept credits earned from this program, four-year institutions require the students to have earned the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree. The Mental Health Associate Program has been designed to ensure a seamless transfer of all 60 credits to the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), which has a well-regarded social work program. Students transferring to UMBC can complete their social work degree at UMBC Shady Grove Campus. In addition, many students transfer to Bowie State, Catholic University, Hood College, and the University of Maryland College Park.

UMBC iconFor Undergraduate Program:
The UMBC at Shady Grove, Department of Social Work
The Social Work Program at UMBC is part of the University of Maryland's Department of Social Work. The School offers undergraduate social work program.

UMBC icon
The University of Maryland BC
 School of Social Work
The Baccalaureate Social Work Program at UMBC is part of the University of Maryland's School of Social Work. The School offers a continuum of social work degree programs - - baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate.

CUA iconMajor in Social Work at The Catholic University of America:
Social work is an exciting profession for undergraduates who want to work with people.  Social work majors at the undergraduate level are eligible for licensure as social workers in many localities. 

Bowie State iconSchool of Professional Studies at Bowie State University
The academic programs empower students to become leaders by providing the foundations of essential theory and practice that prepares them for beginning roles in various service-oriented professions. 

Hood College iconSocial Work at Hood College:
The Hood College Social Work major is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education. This accreditation gives graduates the opportunity to apply for advanced standing at many graduate schools of social work, which allows students to earn a master's degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) with one additional year of graduate study.