MC logo  
Computer and Gaming Simulation at Montgomery College

General Info
About the Industry
MD Game Companies
Contact Us

MC Gaming Programs
Core Classes
Gaming Certificate & Degree
Student Gallery

Take a Class
Still in High School?
Financial Aid
Class Schedule

Transfer Info
Transfer Schools & Scholarships

Other MC Programs
Computer Applications
Communication Art Technologies

Transfer Information

Many Four-Year Schools Offer Gaming ProgramsAfter you complete the two-year A.A. degree in Computer Gaming and Simulation at Montgomery College, you probably will want to transfer to a four-year school to complete a four-year degree.

Important! If you know where you want to transfer, contact that school to find out what the transfer requirements will be.

Remember to file your MC graduation forms so there is an official record that you graduated from MC.

Many schools offer gaming programs. See for a list of schools around the world. Some local universities are listed below. Make sure to research possible transfer scholarships!

Where to transfer?

  • The University of Baltimore (UB) offers a bachelors-level degree in gaming. Our transfer agreement makes it easy for gaming students to transfer from MC to UB.

    UB has generous transfer scholarships for qualified students, so be sure to ask UB about those! For example, many students have won a free ride to UB with the Wilson Scholarship. UB offers gaming classes at the Universities at Shady Grove campus (5 minutes from MC!)

    Students planning to transfer to UB should be sure to read the requirements before planning their class schedules. Please contact Prof. Solomon with any questions.

    If you are planning to transfer to UB's gaming program:

    For the Shady Grove campus (local):
    Contact Justin Edgar, 301.738.6352 or
    9630 Gudelsky Drive, Building III, Rm 3149, Rockville, MD  20850

    For the Baltimore campus:
    Contact Tara Wilkins, or 410.837.4777

    UB scholarship info:
    (Contact 1-877-APPLY-UB for more information.)

  • UMBC (Baltimore, MD) offers game programming and game animation degrees. Contact a transfer counselor for more details about UMBC's transfer program with MC.

  • George Mason University (Fairfax, VA) offers Computer Game Design.

  • The Art Institute (Arlington, VA) offers game art and animation degrees

  • DeVry (Arlington, VA) offers game programming degrees

  • UMD, Towson, UMUC and other local schools offer programs in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, gaming and other related disciplines.

What's New


- Mobile Game Programming: Create games on cellphones and other mobile devices. Contact Prof. Alla Webb.

- Math & ActionScript:
A learning community combining a general education math class with CA225. A fun way to learn math and gaming! Contact Prof. Alla Webb.

- Online sections of Flash & ActionScript:
Two popular classes, CA125 & CA225, now available online!

- Exergaming & Health Games:
Take CA190 and HE100 together and learn about health applications of gaming technology! Contact Prof. Deborah Solomon.
MC game is"Site of the Month" on
Watch our new video

...more news
NOAA hires MC team to create new educational games
Play the game!
Read about it on NOAA'S site
MC Gaming Students Win Awards
Former student, now game producer, releases her first game
Bethesda Softworks Hires MC Students as Game Testers
Contact Information