Microsoft Project , Intermediate/Advanced, CMP847
Microsoft Project - Level II Build on your project management skills, create a complete project plan, and enter actual progress information. Learn how to exchange project plan information with other applications. Develop proficiency inhow to enter task progress information, reschedule a task, filter tasks in a project plan, create a custom table, hyperlink tasks to external documents, create a custom table, hyperlink tasks to external documents, create custom reports, create a project plan template to use in other projects, share resources between projects, and create a master project plan to consolidate multiple projects.
Course Objectives: To be able to exchange project plan data with other applications, update project plans, create custom reports, and reuse project plan information.
Prerequisites:Understanding of project management concepts, working with Windows or equivalent experience, basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and completion of Microsoft Project - Introduction or equivalent experience.
Classroom Hours: 12
Technology update: Please bring a Flash Drive/Memory Stick 512MB or larger to class which will enable you to save your class work.
Textbook: Books may be purchased at the MC Bookstore or online. You will need to know the CMP#(Continuing Education classes) for the class you are taking in order to look up information about the textbook. Please bring your textbook to the first class session.
Course ContentLesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Import a task List from an Excel File into a New Project Plan
- Create a Custom Import Map
- Export Project Plan Cost Data into Excel
- Copy a Picture into a Word Document
- Save Project Plan information as a Web Page
- Enter Task Progress Information
- View Task Progress
- Split a Task
- Reschedule a Task
- Filter Tasks in a Project Plan
- Save an Interim Project Plan
- Create a Custom Table
- Add Custom Columns to a Table
- Hyperlink Documents to Tasks
- Create A Custom Report
- Modify a Custom Report's Header and Footer
- Add a Picture to a Report
- Modify a Custom Report's Margins
- Print a Custom Report
- Create a Project Plan Template
- Create a Custom Combination View
- Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Share Resources
- Create a Master Project Plan