QuickBooks Level III, ITI-175
This course is a step-by-step overview of the payroll processing cycle using QuickBooks. Students will also learn how to reconcile and record journal entries using Excel and QuickBooks software. In addition to reviewing basic project management payroll & expenses cost accounting concepts, the topics included in the 4 sessions will feature how to handle manual check disbursement reconciling payroll bank accounts and generating Federal and state payroll reports. This course is designed for business owners handling their own payroll process, students seeking employment in payroll accounting or who need to prepare for the Certified Public Bookkeeper Examination.
Prerequisites: Basic accounting knowledge, MS Excel levels I & II and QuickBooks levels I & II or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).Classroom Hours: 12
- Financial Statements
- Cost Accounting and Payroll Basics for Project Accounting and Management Reporting
- Intermediate Bookkeeping Concepts: Transaction Processing
- Year-end Closing Procedures
- Researching Payroll Fundaments
- Employee Withholding Laws & Regulations
- Payroll Tax Accounting Basics:
- The Use of the Internet to Report & Remit Withholding & Payroll Taxes
- Payroll Process: Research & Reconciliation of Accounts & Reports
- CASE STUDIES