Mac OS Basics File Management, ITI-185
Learn how to get the maximum from your Apple Mac computer. Identify the basic components of the Mac OS while learning file management skills and various applications available on the Mac platform. This course is taught on iMacs and students who have a Mac portable are encouraged to bring it to class.
No textbook required.
Classroom Hours: 8
Basic skills using a keyboard and mouse and familiarity with computers
At the end of this course students will know how to:
- Recognize and understand the basic Mac OS components and organization.
- Use the Mac OS Finder and Desktop as a file management tool.
- Manage a User Account and understand file hierarchy.
- Identify specific applications and learn what they do.
- Decide on a reasonable back up plan for files and hard drives.
Class Session 1
- History of Mac OS
- Current Version and Hardware Models
- Basic Components of Mac OS
- User Accounts
- Folder Architecture
Class Session 2
- Basic Applications
- File Management and Hierarchy
Class Session 3
- Folder Architecture In-depth
- Input and Output Devices
- File Storage Options
- Backing Up your Hard Drive
- Backing Up Specific Folders
- Software and Hardware Options
Class Session 4
- Specific Applications
- Where Do You Go From Here?
- Further Reading and Websites