Windows 8, ITI-179
Explore the new Windows 8 Modern UI (User Interface) designed to be used with a mouse and keyboard shortcuts or touchscreens. Experience the ease of using the opening Start Screen - a tile-array of active live media, social, and search apps. Use the new easy access from anywhere no matter which app or application you are working on. Learn how to swipe, click, tap, and zoom your way into a new stress-free access to Window desktop tools.
Prerequisites: Computer Basics or equivalent experience.
Classroom Hours: 8
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook.Description:
Upon completion of this Windows 8 course, you will have mastered the skills needed to:
- Navigate in the Windows 8 environment
- Access and use the Windows Charm Panels
- Manage live apps and installed software applications
- Use Window 8 Desktop tools
- Create and manage user accounts
- Apply window and security features
- Personalize and work with tiles
- Modify and change PC settings
- Use and apply Window 8 key board shortcuts