MS Access - Level I, ITI-153
This course covers the basic features and functions of Access 2013. After an introduction to database concepts, the Access environment, and Help systems, learn how to design and create databases. Work with tables, fields, and records; sort and filter data; and set field properties and data entry rules. Finally, create basic queries, forms, and reports. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Access 2013 (exam 77-424). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Access Levels I, II, III. Prerequisites: Computer Basics, Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objective: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Organize data efficiently by using a database management system; start Access, open Access databases and identify components of the Access window; and use the Help feature.
- Plan and create a database; use Datasheet view and Design view; create, modify, and work in tables; and set the primary key for a table.
- Modify a table’s design; use the Attachment data type; find and replace values; and sort, filter, and delete records.
- Set field properties; create input masks; and set validation rules.
- Create queries, and sort and filter the results; modify queries; and perform operations in queries.
- Create, modify, and work forms; and use them to sort and filter records.
- Create, modify, and print reports; and add summary fields to a report.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).