PowerPoint Intermediate / Advanced, CMP955
Summer 2014 Course Description: (Click here for Fall 2014 Description) Increase skills and proficiency in designing MS PowerPoint slides and slide-show presentations. Explore new techniques to customize slide design templates, themes, and slide layouts. Learn to use slide and handout masters to improve slide appearance. Automate slide presentations by using multimedia clips, movie objects, and sound. Apply the new PowerPoint Comment and PowerPoint Document Inspector features that help in collaborating with others in preparing slide presentations.
Prerequisite: MS PowerPoint--Introduction or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Classroom Hours: 10
- Customize the PowerPoint environment
- Customize a design template
- Add diagrams to your presentation
- Use the various options to customize slide shows
- Use PowerPoint to collaborate on a presentation
- Finalize a presentation
- Table Of Contents:
Unit 1: Customizing PowerPoint
Topic A: Application settings
Topic B: The Ribbon
Topic C: Custom themes
Unit 2: Using graphics and multimedia
Topic A: Clip art
Topic B: Media clips
Topic C: Animations
Topic D: Photo albums
Unit 3: Customizing SmartArt graphics, tables, and charts
Topic A: Customizing SmartArt graphics
Topic B: Customizing tables
Topic C: Working with Chart Tools
Unit 4: Action buttons, custom slide shows, and equations
Topic A: Interactive elements
Topic B: Custom slide shows
Topic C: Equations
Unit 5: Distributing presentations
Topic A: Using comments
Topic B: Finishing a presentation
Topic C: Distributing presentations
Topic D: Broadcasting a slide show online
Unit 6: Integrating Microsoft Office files
Topic A: Building slides from Word outlines
Topic B: Embedding and linking content
Topic C: Working with hyperlinks
MS POWERPOINT – ADVANCED
Fall 2014 Description: This course explores how to make presentation consistent by applying slide masters, transitions and timings. Learn various ways of incorporating and modifying charts to create professional and effective presentations. Also, learn how to merge shapes, add shape effects and how to use pictures and shapes as links to other pages in the presentation, or to pages on the Internet. Finally, this course explores the different methods of printing, protecting, and delivering presentations including how to use PowerPoint 2013 Presenter View, which includes tools such as highlighters and laser pointers, and how to present online using Microsoft Lync and Office Presentation Service. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for PowerPoint 2013 (exam 77-422). Prerequisites: MS PowerPoint - Introduction, Computer Basics, Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objective: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Control global settings by using slide masters, apply transition effects, control and record timings, and create custom slide slows.
- Crop images and remove background elements. Insert and edit media files, apply animation effects, and create a photo album presentation.
- Create and edit SmartArt graphics, create tables from scratch, and create format charts.
- Create action buttons for user navigation, and create and edit equations.
- Integrate Microsoft Office files, create a presentation from a Word outline, embed and link external resources, and create hyperlinks.
- Insert review comments, protect a presentation with a password, create handouts in Word, and prepare a presentation for delivery in several formats, including CD, PDF, video, and image files; and deliver a presentation outline.
- Customize application settings and toolbars, and create and apply custom themes.