MS Word - Intermediate, CMP944
Summer 2014 Course Description: (Click here for Fall 2014 Description) Learn MS Word 2010 format tables, print lables and envelopes, and work with graphics. Learn to work with styles, sections, columns, and use the Navigation pane to work with outlines. Use document templates, manage document revions, and work with web features.
This course follows the curriculum to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level exam for Word 2010 (exam 77-881) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exam for Word 2010 (exam 77-887). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Word Introduction, Intermediate, and Advanced courses.
Prerequisites: MS Word Introduction or equivalent experience. Familiarity with keyboarding a plus.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Classroom Hours: 10
- Table Of Contents:
Unit 1: Styles and outlines
Topic A: Examining formatting
Topic B: Creating styles
Topic C: Modifying styles
Topic D: Working with outlines
Unit 2: Sections and columns
Topic A: Creating and formatting sections
Topic B: Working with columns
Unit 3: Formatting tables
Topic A: Table formatting basics
Topic B: Borders and shading
Topic C: Table data
Topic D: Table styles
Unit 4: Printing labels and envelopes
Topic A: Labels
Topic B: Envelopes
Unit 5: Templates and building blocks
Topic A: Template basics
Topic B: Building blocks
Topic C: Document properties
Unit 6: Graphics
Topic A: Creating diagrams
Topic B: Using the Drawing tools
Topic C: Formatting text graphically
Unit 7: Managing document revisions
Topic A: Tracking changes
Topic B: Working with comments
Unit 8: Web features
Topic A: Web pages
Topic B: Hyperlinks
MS WORD- INTERMEDIATE
Fall 2014 Description: This course builds on the skills and concepts taught in MSWord 2013 – Introduction.. Learn how to apply and modify styles and themes. Also, learn how to insert and modify fields, SmartArt, WordArt, shapes, and watermarks. Create advanced documents with sections and mail merges, use some advanced features for document revisions and comments and finally, learn to manage and finalize documents, and preview a document as a web page. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Word 2013 (exam 77-418) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert for Word 2013 (exams 77-425 & 426). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Word Levels I, II, III. Prerequisites: MS Word – Introduction or equivalent experience. Computer Basics, Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objectives: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Examine and compare text formatting, work with character styles, and work with a document outline.
- Apply table formatting and styles, and work with the data in a table.
- Use SmartArt to create and modify a diagram, insert and modify shapes, format text using WordArt, create drop caps, and insert text boxes.
- Insert section breaks, format section headers and footers and page numbering, format text into multiple columns, and customize a document’s appearance by applying background colors, fill effects, watermarks, and themes.
- Protect a document with a password, view and edit document properties, use Track Changes, work with comments, and use the Compatibility Checker, the Accessibility Checker, and Document Inspector to share documents.
- Use the Mailings tab to create form letters, create a recipient list, sort and filter records, and create mailing-label and envelope documents.