MS Word - Intermediate, CMP944
comments and finally, learn to manage and finalize documents, and preview a document as a web page. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Word 2013 (exam 77-418) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert for Word 2013 (exams 77-425 & 426). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Word Levels I, II, III. Prerequisites: MS Word – Introduction or equivalent experience. Computer Basics, Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objectives: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Examine and compare text formatting, work with character styles, and work with a document outline.
- Apply table formatting and styles, and work with the data in a table.
- Use SmartArt to create and modify a diagram, insert and modify shapes, format text using WordArt, create drop caps, and insert text boxes.
- Insert section breaks, format section headers and footers and page numbering, format text into multiple columns, and customize a document’s appearance by applying background colors, fill effects, watermarks, and themes.
- Protect a document with a password, view and edit document properties, use Track Changes, work with comments, and use the Compatibility Checker, the Accessibility Checker, and Document Inspector to share documents.
- Use the Mailings tab to create form letters, create a recipient list, sort and filter records, and create mailing-label and envelope documents.
Classroom Hours: 10