MS Word Introduction, ITI-201
This course teaches the basic features and functions of MS Word 2013. After an introduction to terminology and Word's window components, learn how to use the Help system and navigate documents. Learn how to enter, edit and format text, and save document in various formats. Move and copy data, create and modify tables, insert and modify graphics, and proof and print documents. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Word 2013 (exam 77-418) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert for Word 2013 (exams 77-425 & 426). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Word Levels I, II, III. Prerequisites: Computer Basics, and Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objectives: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Use the elements of the Word window, create and save documents, and navigate a document and select text by using the keyboard and mouse.
- Insert and delete text; create hyperlinks; use the Undo and redo commands; cut, copy and paste text; and find and replace text.
- Apply character formatting, use tabs, format paragraphs and adjust paragraph spacing.
- Create tables, work with text in a table, and adjust a table’s structure.
- Add headers and footers, set and change document margins, change page orientation, set text flow options, and add and delete manual page breaks.
- Insert graphics and clip art, move graphics, wrap text around graphics, and modify graphics.
- Proof a document by checking spelling and grammar, use AutoCorrect, preview and print documents, create PDF and XPS documents, and edit PDF documents in Word.