MS Word Introduction, ITI-201
Summer 2014 Course Description: (Click here for Fall 2014 Description) Explore the dramatic changes in the new MS Word 2010 version. Learn how to edit text, create and save documents and use various formatting options. In addition, learn how to create tables, insert headers and footers, proof and print documents, insert graphics and use the Help System.
This course will help you prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level exam for Word 2010 (exam 77-881) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert exam for Word 2010 (exam 77-887). For comprehensive certification training, you should complete Introduction, Intermediate, and Advanced courses for Word 2010. Course manual comes with CertBlaster exam prep software (download).
Prerequisites: Computer Basics and Working with Windows or File Management skills or equivalent experience in PC file management a must.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook, bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Classroom Hours: 12 hours
- Table Of Contents:
Unit 1: Getting started
Topic A: The Word window
Topic B: New documents
Topic C: Word Help
Unit 2: Navigation and selection techniques
Topic A: Document navigation
Topic B: Selection techniques
Unit 3: Editing text
Topic A: Working with text
Topic B: Using Undo and Redo
Topic C: Cutting, copying, and pasting text
Unit 4: Formatting text
Topic A: Character formatting
Topic B: Tab settings
Topic C: Paragraph formatting
Topic D: Paragraph spacing and indents
Topic E: Automatic formatting
Unit 5: Tables
Topic A: Creating tables
Topic B: Working with table content
Topic C: Changing the table structure
Unit 6: Page layout
Topic A: Headers and footers
Topic B: Margins
Topic C: Page breaks
Unit 7: Proofing and printing documents
Topic A: Checking spelling and grammar
Topic B: Using AutoCorrect
Topic C: Finding and replacing text
Topic D: Printing documents
Topic E: PDF and XPS documents
Unit 8: Graphics
Topic A: Adding graphics and clip art
Topic B: Working with graphics
MS WORD- INTRODUCTION
Fall 2014 Description: This course teaches the basic features and functions of MS Word 2013. After an introduction to terminology and Word's window components, learn how to use the Help system and navigate documents. Learn how to enter, edit and format text, and save document in various formats. Move and copy data, create and modify tables, insert and modify graphics, and proof and print documents. This course follows the curriculum for the Microsoft Office Specialist core-level for Word 2013 (exam 77-418) and the Microsoft Office Specialist Expert for Word 2013 (exams 77-425 & 426). For comprehensive certification training, students should complete MS Word Levels I, II, III. Prerequisites: Computer Basics, and Working with Windows or File Management Skills or equivalent experience.
Textbook: Please bring your textbook to the first class session. See MC Bookstores for more information on your textbook; bring to first class along with a USB Flash Drive/memory stick (at least 512 MB).
Course Objectives: After completing this course, students will know how to:
- Use the elements of the Word window, create and save documents, and navigate a document and select text by using the keyboard and mouse.
- Insert and delete text; create hyperlinks; use the Undo and redo commands; cut, copy and paste text; and find and replace text.
- Apply character formatting, use tabs, format paragraphs and adjust paragraph spacing.
- Create tables, work with text in a table, and adjust a table’s structure.
- Add headers and footers, set and change document margins, change page orientation, set text flow options, and add and delete manual page breaks.
- Insert graphics and clip art, move graphics, wrap text around graphics, and modify graphics.
- Proof a document by checking spelling and grammar, use AutoCorrect, preview and print documents, create PDF and XPS documents, and edit PDF documents in Word.