Microsoft SQL Server for Developers II, CMP867
This course covers advanced MS SQL Server 2008 skills. Topics include scripts, code scripts, store procedures, functions, triggers, cursors, managing database security, XML skills, XML schemas, and database security. Learn how to configure MS SQL Server 2008 to host Common Language Runtime (CLR) integration with the .NET framework and how to code CLR stored procedures, functions, and triggers. Students should have some training or experience working with MS Visual Studio and a .NET language such as C#, Visual Basic, or ASP.NET.
MS SQL Server for Developers I, VB.NET and/or C# required or equivalent experience with Visual Studio.NET. ADO.NET is helpful. A basic understanding of XML is recommended but not required.
Classroom Hours: 18
Technology update: Please bring a Flash Drive/Memory Stick 512MB or larger to class which will enable you to save your class work.
- Use and program advanced SQL techniques in MS Sequel Server 2008 developer environment
- Manage Transactions and Locking
- Manage database security in MS SQL Server 2008 database environments
- Work with XML and XML Schemas
- Use Common Language Runtime (CLR) integration to create stored procedures, functions, and triggers from Visual Studio.NET, C#, Visual Basic, or another .NET language