Return to Home Page
PRE-TEST FOR MICROSOFT ACCESS
Answer Guide: ( If you answered 20 or
more questions correctly, register for the next level of Access.)
- A database is __________
b. a collection of data organized in a manner that allows access, retrieval, and use
of that data
- Which of the following is not a benefit of controlling redundancy
d. all of the above are benefits
- A field that uniquely identifies a particular record in a table is called a ________.
d. primary key
- Access is a(n) ________
d. Both a and b
- To add a record to a table that already contains data, open the table and click the
b. New Record
- A record in Access is composed of a ________
d. series of fields
- To make a field the primary key for a table, select the field and then click the ______
button on the toolbar.
d. Primary Key
- To remove a field from a table structure, select the field and then press the _____
- To change to landscape orientation to print a table, on the File menu, click _____
b. page setup
- To move from the upper pane, the one where you define fields, in the table window to the
lower pane, the one where you define field properties, press the _____ key.
- To list only certain records in a table, use a(n) _________
- To add a field to a table structure, select the field below where you would like the new
field inserted and then press the _______ key(s).
- To clear all the entries in a design grid, on the _______ menu, click Clear Grid.
- The wildcard symbols available for use in a query are the _______ and the _____
b. question mark (?), asterisk (*)
- Equal to (=), less than (<), and greater than (>) are examples of ______
c. comparison operators
- When two or more criteria are connected with AND or OR, the result is called a _______.
d. compound criterion
- To add an additional table to a query, click ______ on the shortcut menu for the Select
c. add table
- Use a query to _________ tables, that is find records in two tables that have identical
values in matching fields.
- To remove a table from a query, right-click any field list for the table and then click
_______ on the shortcut menu.
b. delete table
- To add a Total row to a design grid, click ________ on the shortcut menu for the Select
- To specify referential integrity, click the __________ button on the toolbar
- A(n) __________ key is a field in one table whose values are required to match a primary
key of another table.
- ____________ rules are rules that the data entered by a user must follow.
- To search for a specific record in a table, select the field to search and then click
the ______ button on the toolbar
- To force all letters in a field to display as uppercase, use the _____ symbol in the
Format test box.