TechLEAP is a career training program in Information Technology for college graduates. TechLEAP has helped students launch careers in IT since 2000, with a 90% placement track record.
See the Spring '14 Class Schedule.
- December, 2013: Montgomery College Office of Information Technology (OIT) hires two TechLEAP interns for Web Design and Network Administration/Computer Support.
- September, 2013: Word Wizards hires TechLEAP interns for Web Accessibility 508/PDF and video captioning work.
- September, 2013: BackOffice Alliance hires TL student full-time as SEC compliance consultant.
- July, 2013: TechLEAP Fall '12 Student hired by Montgomery College as Adjunct Faculty to teach Summer Youth IT program.
- June, 2013: Two (2) students placed:
- ASP.NET contract job, Washington, DC;
- Paid web development internship, Blue Atlas Interactive, Gaithersburg, MD.
- May, 2013: Two (2) interns hired full-time by Montgomery College Office of Information Technology, Network Administration
- March, 2013: Five (5) TechLEAP Students from Fall '12 Class placed in Part-Time and Full Time Jobs, March, 2013 - Mobile Web Design, ASP.NET: Empyra and Interface Media Group, Washington DC.
- February, 2013: TechLEAP student from Frederick County placed in Networking internship with Montgomery College Network Technology Group.
- February 2013: TechLEAP Fall '11 Student starts full-time SharePoint job with contractor in Arlington, VA. after eight months SharePoint experience in placement by TechLEAP.
- December, 2012: TechLEAP Fall '12 Student hired for 6-month mobile web internship at National Public Radio (www.npr.org).
- December, 2012: Fall '11 Grad hired as junior Enterprise Tools Administrator/Developer, Reston, VA.
- November, 2012:
- Blue Atlas Interactive Hires TL Fall '11 Grad
IT Job Prospects Improve, 2012-13. Wash. Post, 10/25/12
How Do I apply for and get admitted to TechLEAP?
"I want you to know how successful I've become, thanks to TechLEAP. I am now Web Services Developer for www.whitehouse.gov." TechLEAP 10th Anniversary, October 2010.
TechLEAP trains graduate students with college degrees. Training sequences include:
- Programming, software, database development;
- Network Administration Windows OS 7 , Microsoft Server 2008, Cisco, Linux/UNIX, desktop support/Help Desk & Microsoft systems engineering;
- Web technologies, including web applications languages.
Students may have bachelors and masters degrees in the sciences, engineering, or "liberal arts" disciplines. See admissions requirements.
Students are placed in paid internships and employment opportunities during and after the second semester. Learn about our TechLEAP students.
Classes & Course Scheduling:
Courses. Except for the optional Portfolio Building course Wednesday mornings, all TechLEAP courses are in the evening, usually 6:30 – 9:30 p.m., with Saturday classes generally scheduled 9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. There may be options to take some TechLEAP courses during the daytime, subject to scheduling.
You can also contact the TechLEAP Hotline at 240-567-1866, or email@example.com, 240-567-1889.