ACET Home Page
How to Apply
ACET Evaluation Reg. Form
Prof. Reference Form
Tuition and Fees
Testing / Praxis
ACET Program Staff Asst.
Submit completed materials to:
Ms. Debra Poese
Director, School of Education
51 Mannakee Street, CS118
Rockville, Maryland 20850
A Maryland Approved Alternative
Important: Attend an Information Session to learn more about the 2014 Application Process.
Montgomery College (MC) and Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) have joined to offer an innovative teacher preparation program for talented individuals who wish to become teachers in MCPS secondary schools. The competitive program is designed to address Maryland’s teacher shortage.
Learn about the opportunity to teach at the middle and high school levels in fields such as:
Note: The above subject areas are confirmed as the only recruiting areas for 2013
Potential candidates must have:
- at least a bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75
- required examination and course work in the selected teaching field as documented by completion of Praxis II content exam
Note: If your degree is from a foreign institution outside the U.S., you must submit an evaluation of it from one of the MSDE-approved agencies.
The ACET program includes
- a teaching institute from January through mid March which features face-to-face classes as well as online components
- a small cohort of candidates
- a strong support system with MC and MCPS faculty throughout the program
- an internship in April and May that benefits your transition into teaching
- a paid resident teacher year in MCPS
- completion of all requirements for the Maryland Standard Professional Certificate
ACET is a Maryland Approved Alternative Preparation Program. See Maryland State Department of Education for more information.
Debra Poese, Director, School of Education, Montgomery College, Rockville, Maryland. Or ACET Program Staff Assistant, School of Education, phone: 240-567-4061, fax: 240-567-4073. If you would like to receive additional information on Information Sessions and updates, please email email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty and staff. Inquiries regarding Montgomery College's nondiscrimination compliance policies and procedures may be directed to the Director of Equity and Diversity, 900 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, Maryland 20850,