ACET Home Page
How to Apply
ACET Evaluation Reg. Form
Prof. Reference Form
Tuition and Fees
Testing / Praxis
ACET Program Staff Asst.
Submit completed materials to:
Attn: Ms. Debra Poese
School of Education
51 Mannakee Street, CS118
Rockville, Maryland 20850
How To Apply
Applications for the 2015 ACET cohort will be accepted from July 1 to October 14, 2014.
- Schedule required Praxis I and Praxis II Content or ACTFL OPI and WPT state-approved testing (if not already completed):
- Request required score reports to go to Montgomery College (Code #5422 for Praxis)
- Copies of SAT/ACT/GRE reports are acceptable for basic skills test evidence
- See Testing/Praxis section on website for further details
- Schedule three visits to MCPS middle and/or high schools (if needed)
- Prior experience substitute teaching or as a paraeducator in MCPS waives this requirement
- Contact the ACET office for connection to school sites
- Have official college transcripts sent to the address below (NOT MC Admissions Office!) with
- Credit Hours
- Overall GPA
- Date of completion of degree
Note: Coursework completed outside the U.S. must first be officially evaluated by one of the MSDE approved agencies.
- Have two references from former or current employers mailed or emailed directly to Montgomery College School of Education (use Professional Reference forms at ACET website)
- Submit the following:
- An Application Evaluation Form with a $50 non-refundable fee via credit card or by check payable to Montgomery College
- A completed ACET Application form, including responses to essay questions provided
- A resume including employment history and educational background, emphasizing any experience in teaching or work enhancing your ability to teach adolescents
- Recommended: Keep a copy of all documents for your records.
After consideration by the Selection Committee, qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview during October or November.
All materials should be sent to:
ATTN: Debra Poese, School of Education
51 Mannakee Street, CS 118, Rockville, MD 20850
Thank you for choosing the ACET program as your teacher preparation program.