ACET Home Page
How to Apply
ACET Evaluation Reg. Form
Prof. Reference Form
Tuition and Fees
Testing / Praxis
ACET Program Staff Asst.
Submit completed materials to:
Attn: Ms. Debra Poese
School of Education
51 Mannakee Street, CS118
Rockville, Maryland 20850
ACET Program Entrance Requirement
Basic Skills Requirement:
Present qualifying scores at or above the minimum on ONE of the following:
- SAT composite score of 1100 (total of Critical Reading and Mathematics scores)
NOTE: Total of 1000 is accepted if taken before April 1995 OR
- ACT composite score of 24 OR
- GRE composite score of 1000, if taken before September 2011 OR
- GRE composite score of 279 if taken AFTER September 1, 2011 OR
- Praxis I (Pre-Professional Skills Test) composite score of 527 (accepted until September 1, 2015) OR
- Praxis Core test, with the following individual component scores:
- Reading: 156
- Writing: 162
- Mathematics: 150
Praxis test scores may be reported to Montgomery College using school
code 5422. Student copies of any of the test results are also accepted for application.
Content Knowledge Requirement:
For all Certification Areas EXCEPT World Languages: Successfully complete the Praxis II content exam in your subject area. (See chart below for specific test numbers and names.)
All Praxis II exams are now computer-delivered tests which are available during specific time windows on a monthly basis. See http://www.ets.org/praxis/register/ for more details.
For World Languages certification:
Successfully complete the Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI or OPIc) and the Writing Proficiency Test (WPT) in your desired language, given through the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). Intermediate high scores or higher on each test are required for qualification.
See www.languagetesting.com/testing-for-teacher-certification for more details. Howard Community College is a regional testing site for the ACTFL tests.
IMPORTANT: You do NOT need to take the Praxis II Pedagogy Exam at this time.