I. Real Estate, Schedule
Are you interested in becoming a licensed Real Estate salesperson, appraiser, or are you in need of continuing education hours? Let us support your needs.
- Pre-licensing: ( REB010 ) Basic Principles and Practices for Salesperson. Successful completion of this course is required to sit for the state exam. Textbook required. Course is offered through out the year. To view the Maryland Real Estate Commission website go to http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/occprof/recomm.html.
- Appraisal: ( courses REC175, 176, 069, 178, 179, 180). A total of 150 classroom hours are required to become a licensed appraiser. Textbook required for all classes. Not all courses are offered every semester. To view the Maryland Real Estate Commission website go to http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/occprof/recomm.html.
- Continuing Education (courses REC012, 149, 173, 174,can be used to satisfy the required hours). Unless otherwise noted, all real estate continuing education courses are approved by the Maryland Real Estate Commission. The Commission dictates that all minutes of a course must be attended in order to receive a certificate. Not all courses are offered every semester. To view the Maryland Real Estate Commission website go to http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/occprof/recomm.html.
II. Insurance Schedule
Premiums, titles, cars, oh my! Not sure how they are all tied in together? Take one of the following courses and unlock the mystery.
Pre-licensing: The following insurance courses are approved by the Maryland Insurance Administration and PSI and are required before taking the state exam. You must successfully complete an in class examination and attend all required classroom sessions.
- Principles and Practices for Life and Health Insurance (ICE025)
- Enjoy all the interaction of the classroom from the comfort of your own home or office. Save time and money! This 60-hour class, (40 classroom via Skype and 20 self-study hours) is approved by the Maryland Insurance Administration and prepares you to take the Maryland Life and Health Insurance Licensing examination. This license enables you to sell and service all types of Life and Health Insurances. Topics include various life insurance contracts, life insurance policies, beneficiaries, premiums, annuities, underwriting and issue, and current information on state life and health insurance laws.
- Property and Casualty Insurance (ICE006) Topics include auto, boat, home, bail bondsman, and more. Textbook required. This course meets the entire 96 hours and may not be offered every semester.
III. Home Inspection, Schedule of Business/ Start Your Own Business Classes
The State of Maryland now requires all Home Inspectors to have a valid license.
- Home Inspection: Make It Your Business (SMB322) This pre-licensing course meets the requirements and covers the basics of home inspection as reqired to be a licensed home inspector in the state of Maryland. Textbook required. All hours must be attended. Course may not be offered every semester.
For More Information Contact:Karen Ambrose,
Montgomery College WD&CE
51 Mannakee Street
Rockville, Maryland 20850