Challenge and GTP Student Scholarship Opportunity
A limited number of need based scholarships are available for qualified Challenge students, pending funding availability, through Montgomery College's Workforce Development & Continuing Education. Need-based students accepted into the Graduate Transition Program (GTP) may also qualify for funding depending on the courses that they are enrolled in.
Visit the Challenge / GTP Scholarship Opportunity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), for more information about the eligibility requirements, and the terms and conditions of the two scholarships.
Application Period for the Scholarship
Application period for Summer 2014 Challenge scholarship is from April 28 to May 15, 2014 at 5:00pm.
Challenge Program Scholarship is offered three times a year for the Fall, Spring, Summer terms.
GTP Program Scholarship is offered twice a year for the Fall, Spring terms.
How do I apply?
- Read the Challenge / GTP Scholarship Opportunity FAQs to confirm you are eligible for the scholarship.
- Must complete a WD&CE Certification of Tuition Waiver Form, or have a current one on file.
- Forms are good for one Academic Year (Academic year starts with the Fall semester). Forms must be renewed every August prior to the start of the Fall semester.
- If you are unsure if you have a current form on file, Customer Service 240-567-5188, will be able to assist you with that information.
- Fill out the appropriate application
- Challenge Student Scholarship Application
- GTP students should recieve additional information in the mail from Karla Nabors
- Mail or hand deliver it to the GBTC Customer Service Office:
- Montgomery College, GBTC
- Gaithersburg Business Training Center
- 12 South Summit Ave. 4th Floor
- Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Contact Information for Challenge Scholarship Opportunity:
Mary Hyman, Finance Department