Challenge and GTP Student Scholarship Opportunity
A limited number of need based scholarships are available for qualified Challenge students, pending funding availability, through Montgomery College's Workforce Development & Continuing Education. Need-based students accepted into the Graduate Transition Program (GTP) may also qualify for funding depending on the courses that they are enrolled in.
Visit the Challenge / GTP Scholarship Opportunity Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), for more information about the eligibility requirements, and the terms and conditions of the two scholarships.
Application Period for the Scholarship
Application period for Summer 2013 Challenge or GTP scholarships is from April 22, 2013 to May 30, 2013 at 5:00pm.
Challenge Program Scholarship is offered three times a year for the Fall, Spring, Summer terms.
GTP Program Scholarship is offered twice a year for the Fall, Spring terms.
How do I apply?
- Read the Challenge / GTP Scholarship Opportunity FAQs to confirm you are eligible for the scholarship.
- Fill out the WD&CE Certification of Tuition Waiver Form and have it signed and stamped by the Social Security Administration Official. You must submit the ORIGINAL document, Xerox copies are NOT accepted. This form is good for one year. If you already have a current one on file check the box on the application form. If unsure, check with Customer Service 240-567-5118 to see when your existing form expires.
- Fill out the appropriate application
- Challenge Student Scholarship Application
- GTP students should recieve additional information in the mail from Karla Nabors
- Mail or hand deliver it to the GBTC Customer Service Office:
- Montgomery College, GBTC
- Gaithersburg Business Training Center
- 12 South Summit Ave. 4th Floor
- Gaithersburg, Maryland 20877
Contact Information for Challenge Scholarship Opportunity:
Mary Hyman, Finance Department