New for Summer 2013, Maryland Model for School Readiness revised modules:
Maryland Model for School Readiness Module I, ECH 236, 6 hours
In Module I, you will understand the purposes and expectation for Maryland Model for School Readiness, as well as gain an increased understanding of developmentally appropriate practices.
Maryland Model for School Readiness Module II, ECH 237, 6 hours
In Module II, you will get an increased understanding of the purposes and benefits of observing and documenting children's learning.
Maryland Model for School Readiness Module III, ECH 238, 6 hours
In Module III, you will learn practical strategies for observing and documenting children's learning to get to know them better and build relationships with them.
Maryland Model for School Readiness Module IV, ECH 239, 6 hours
In Module IV, you will learn new ideas for making learning opportunities developmentally appropriate and gain tips for managing observation and recording.
Maryland Model for School Readiness Module V, ECH 240, 6 hours
In Module V, you will gain new ideas for music experiences, and gain an understanding of how to interpret and apply observational data.
See Early Child Schedule of Classes, for class dates, cost, locations, and how to register
New Summer and Fall Classes
- Volcanoes are Hot!
- Is that a Germ?
- Please Bug Me: Insects are Interesting!
- Navigating the Natural World - Science comes alive in classrooms
- Including All Children and the ADA
- Supporting Children with Disabilities
New series: Teaching Technology to Young Children, will include several thought provoking discussions:
- Teachology - a new term
- The addition of devices and application to the traditional teaching models (pros and cons)
- Tiptoeing into Technology: a guide for sane and safe web based interactions for young children
- Educational Applications - How Young is Too Yong?
- Monitoring the Madness - Designing developmentally appropriate guidelines for utilizing technological tools.
- Help Me Find the Best High Tech Learning Sites - Managing the Maze
New Montessori classes are coming including:
- Montessori for the All Children Classes
- Meaningful Montessori for Family Child Care Educators
- Montessori Mentorship
- Montessori Math
Fall 2013 will bring many support classes to enable Early Childhood educators to keep up with the rigors of Maryland State Department of Education's latest and most demanding educational requirements for teaching staff.
MSDE EXCELLS - Montgomery College Responds
Check our website frequently to keep excelling!
Clases en español
Clases nuevas para el semestre de otoño;
- Preparación para emergencias
- Psicología evolutiva infantil: Módulo II
- Integración sensorial: Módulo I
- Integración sensorial: Módulo II
- Conocimiento lógico-matemático
- Desarrollando inteligencias múltiples
Scholarship opportunity! If you qualify, Montgomery College's Workforce Development & Continuing Education has scholarship money available, up to $1,000.00 for tuition and fees, for Early Childhood Education Training. See Career Path, WD&CE Scholarship Opportunity for more information.