[This Certificate program is no longer available for new students effective Spring 2019.]
The management certificate curriculum provides students with the opportunity to learn the concepts and principles of management. The program structure allows students to focus on a preferred field of study, and the opportunity to pursue particular academic and professional interests and goals in management.
A management certificate prepares you for immediate employment in the field. Or credits earned for the management certificate may be accepted toward an AA in general studies.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Explain, identify, and relate the four functions of management to everyday business operations.
- Explain the importance of human resource management and describe and apply the human resource core functions necessary for diverse organizations.
- Apply decision making processes to business situations and analyze managerial problems.
- Identify the legal issues that impact business organizations and explain the importance of ethics and corporate social responsibility.
Related careers include chief executive, supervisor, business teacher, general/operations manager, sales manager, public relations, administrative services, human resources, and logistician. Some positions require a bachelor’s degree.
- Career Outlook for Business and Finance: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Update your skills and gain in-demand professional certifications in information technology, project management, human resources, business, or entrepreneurship; learn from faculty who are top industry experts.
If you would like additional information about the business program at MC or need to speak to a program advisor please call or visit: