Photographic Techniques Certificate
Are you interested in learning new skills in the field of photography? Then MC’s photographic techniques certificate is for you.
Our certificate curriculum is intended to upgrade skills for currently employed individuals or provide new skills for a career change. Courses include photography, color materials and processes, and black-and-white materials and processes.
You will learn black-and-white and color photography skills, covering both the technology and image production used in professional photography.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Use traditional photographic techniques that include black-and-white film and print processing.
- Develop advanced testing methods for traditional film and print processes including the production of archival, black-and-white portfolios.
- Demonstrate advanced expertise with traditional camera formats that include mediumand large-format film cameras.
- Demonstrate advanced expertise in the development and execution of complex color strategies for use in commercial or fine art photographic applications.
- Create an advanced color image portfolio in either print or electronic form for use in commercial or fine art applications.
- Utilize a wide variety of lighting applications for use in studio, architectural, fine art, and varied commercial environments.
This program is not eligible for federal and state financial aid.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
MC has a long history of successfully preparing students for transfer to four-year institutions. See all transfer agreements.
Photographers use their technical expertise, creativity, and composition skills to produce and preserve images that tell a story or record an event.
- Career Outlook for Photographers: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.