Student Health and Wellness Center Resources for COVID-19
As we continue to live and learn in this ever-changing climate, the Student Health and Wellness Center for Success is here for you. For the most up-to-date information about MC's response to the coronavirus pandemic, see the Resilient MC page and coronavirus page.
Below are a series of SHaW Center events and community resources to support our students during COVID-19 as well as the information and services available regularly.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis please call, text, or chat 24 hours a day:
- Montgomery County Crisis Hotline: 240-777-4000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255. Press 1 for Veterans Crisis Line
- Online chat support at imalive.orgnew window
- Text chat support: Text “Start” to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
Support Groups: To provide our students additional mental health support, we are offering no-cost to participant groups lead by Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors. Any student may register and participate. Groups begin the week of September 14 and run through the week of October 19, 2020.
- Mondays and Thursdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. with Cedric Rashaw, LCPC
Mindful Mondaysnew window: Join us every Monday from 12-12:15pm from February 1 through May 3, 2021 for a 15-minute mindfulness meditation via videoconference to take a break in your day and recenter yourself.
See the Mental Health Wellness page for upcoming events.
See the Fuel for Success Food Campaign for upcoming distribution events.
- Community Resources During COVID-19 Crisis (PDF, )
- Food Assistance Provider Resource List (PDF, )
- Montgomery County Food Council COVID-19 Resourcesnew window
- Montgomery County Community Resource Guide (PDF, )
- Search for county resources with InfoMontgomerynew window
Montgomery County offers free testing to County residents who think they may have
been exposed to COVID-19, or who
need testing to meet work requirements. See testing information from the Countynew window.
Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) Center for Success