Student Health and Wellness Center Resources for COVID-19
As we continue to live and learn in this ever-changing climate, the Student Health and Wellness Center for Success is here for you. For the most up-to-date information about MC's response to the coronavirus pandemic, see the COVID-19 page.
Below are a series of SHaW Center events and community resources to support our students during COVID-19 as well as the information and services available regularly.
Mental Health Resources
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis please call, text, or chat 24 hours a day:
- Montgomery County Crisis Hotline: 240-777-4000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255. Press 1 for Veterans Crisis Line
- Online chat support at imalive.orgnew window
- Text chat support: Text “Start” to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
Stress Awareness Resource Guide: (PDF, ) The MC Peer2Peer students put together information about what causes stress, the signs and symptoms of stress, and how to cope with stress.
See the Mental Health Wellness page for upcoming events.
See the Fuel for Success Food Campaign for upcoming distribution events.
- Community Resources During COVID-19 Crisis (PDF, )
- Food Assistance Provider Resource List (PDF, )
- Montgomery County Food Council COVID-19 Resourcesnew window
- Montgomery County Community Resource Guide (PDF, )
- Search for county resources with InfoMontgomerynew window
Health and Safety Resources
Montgomery County offers free testing to County residents who think they may have
been exposed to COVID-19, or who
need testing to meet work requirements. See testing information from the Countynew window.
- A Guide to Good Personal Hygienenew window
- CDC’s recommendations to cleaning and disinfecting: Interim Recommendations for US Households with Suspected/Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Can wearing masks stop the spread of viruses?new window