Student Health and Wellness Center Resources for COVID-19
As we continue to live and learn in this ever-changing climate, the Student Health and Wellness Center for Success is here for you. For the most up-to-date information about MC's response to the coronavirus pandemic, see the Resilient MC page and coronavirus page.
Below are a series of SHaW Center events and community resources to support our students during COVID-19 as well as the information and services available regularly.
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis please call, text, or chat 24 hours a day:
- Montgomery County Crisis Hotline: 240-777-4000
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255. Press 1 for Veterans Crisis Line
- Online chat support at imalive.orgnew window
- Text chat support: Text “Start” to 741741
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
Online Meditation Sessionsnew window: Join us on Tuesdays from 12-12:15pm and Wednesdays from 1:30-1:45pm beginning in June for a 15-minute mindfulness meditation via videoconference to take a break in your day and recenter yourself.
Sign up for our Student Support Groupsnew window led by licensed mental health professionals. Take the opportunity to share your experiences and learn from other students who are going through similar experiences around COVID-19, racism and protests, and any other stressors you may be facing.
Walk with the SHaW Center
Walk your way to better Mental and Physical Health this summer! Beginning July 6, we will participate in 30-minute walks via Zoom to keep our students, faculty, and staff MC Strong. Our goal for the summer is to have the Montgomery College community take 500,000 steps for good health.
Check out our orientation video where we’ll go over all of the aspects of the program so you can make the most of
your walking journey in Summer 2020!
Mondays from 6 - 6:30 p.m.: Walk and Chat
Wednesdays from 6 - 6:30 p.m.: Party Walk
Fridays from 9 - 9:30 a.m.: Meditation Walk
We are planning ways to offer our Mobile Markets and other food distribution events again soon. Check back here for more information.
- Community Resources During COVID-19 Crisis (PDF, )
- Food Assistance Provider Resource List (PDF, )
- Montgomery County Food Council COVID-19 Resourcesnew window
- Montgomery County Community Resource Guide (PDF, )
- Search for county resources with InfoMontgomerynew window
Montgomery County offers free testing to County residents who think they may have
been exposed to COVID-19, or who
need testing to meet work requirements. See testing information from the Countynew window.
Student Health and Wellness (SHaW) Center for Success