Immersive Data Analytics Boot Camp
America's Promise Immersive Data Analytics Boot Camp
What is the program?
The Immersive Data Analytics bootcamp continues to build on the skills learned in the 35-hour Data Analytics boot camp. This boot camp is designed to help you gain experience for a career in data science & analytics, or for a career that heavily relies on the insights derived from data analysis. You will become proficient in the object-oriented language Python and basic statistics, and also learn advanced techniques for data gathering, preparation, and modeling. In addition, you will create interactive data visualizations for presenting project results and host your analysis in the cloud environment. By the end of this course, you will have a portfolio of two start-to-finish projects that will showcase your skill set in data analytics.
- Pass and successfully complete the one week Data Analytics boot camp OR
- Previous experience using Python or similar tool for exploratory data analysis, data wrangling, and linear regression with a degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Economics, Business Analytics, or Computer Science.
- Develop programming scripts in Python
- Query a database
- Compute basic statistical analysis
- Collect data from online sources
- Clean and transform numerical and text data
- Analyze and predict output from machine learning algorithms Visualize interactive graphs and dashboards
Note: Students must apply to be accepted to the program. Dates and Locations may be subject to change without notice.
The Application Period for this program is now closed.
- Immersive Data Analytics Boot Camp (5 weeks). Dates: 6/29/2020 to 7/31/2020, Monday to Friday, Times: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The total cost of the Montgomery College Capital Region Collaborative is $5,633,390, which is 100% funded by the U.S. Department of Labor Employment & Training Administration’s America’s Promise Job Driven Grant Program. An additional $1.4 million in leveraged resources are provided in support of this program by Montgomery College and its partners. The product was created by the recipient and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it.
America's Promise Grant Program
Rochelle RamkeesoonProgram Coordinator
Alton HenleySr. Program Director