America's Promise Python Boot Camp
What is the program?
This Python boot camp introduces students to object-oriented programming in our one week, 15-hour course. You will learn how to build interactive programs in a beginner friendly programming language. This boot camp is designed to build foundational skills that are required for jobs in software engineering, web development, and data science. By the end of this course, you will have hands-on experience completing a project to publish in an online portfolio. No prior experience is required.
- Familiarity with using a Windows-based computer environment and file management
- Basic mathematical logic and problem-solving
- Manipulate text and numerical data types
- Work with dynamic data structures
- Build simple algorithmic functions
Is this boot camp right for me?
This Python boot camp is designed as a supplemental course for students interested in the America's Promise Grant Program. It is recommended for STEM or programming-related majors only who have no previous experience with Python. Priority is given to first time applicants to the America's Promise program.
The Application Period for this program is now closed.
All Boot Camps are 15 hours long.
- Python Programming Boot Camp Session, 2 days, Dates 3/16/2020 to 3/17/2020, Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., M& T, Location: Gaithersburg/GBTC.
- Python Programming Boot Camp Session, 2 days, Dates 3/18/2020 to 3/19/2020, Time: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., W& R, Location: Gaithersburg/GBTC.