Active-duty servicemembers, their dependents, and veterans are eligible for immediate in-county or in-state tuition rates. There is NOT a three-month residency rule regarding tuition rates for military personnel and their dependents. See current tuition rates and fees.
Requirements for In-County Tuition:
- Stationed and/or currently living in Montgomery County
- If servicemember is stationed and/or living in Montgomery County, dependent may receive In-County Tuition
Requirements for In-State Tuition:
- Stationed and/or currently living in the State of Maryland
- If servicemember is stationed and/or living in the State of Maryland, dependent may receive In-State Tuition
Out of State Tuition:
- Stationed and/or currently living outside of the State of Maryland; this includes Washington, DC
Servicemembers receiving In State or Out of State Tuition may submit a copy of their military ID or a copy of their orders to receive a tuition adjustment to In-County.
Military Community Students that Move Out of Maryland/Country:
Any servicemember or dependent who moves out of Maryland or the U.S. may continue to keep their residency, providing they retain their Maryland domicile (as evidenced by a license or income tax documents.)
Email us at VA@montgomerycollege.edu or contact a specific staff member.