Skip section
Payment Options for Credit Courses

Full payments for tuition and fees are due when you register for classes, or partial payments can be made through the Tuition Installment Plans. Please log into MyMC to view your charges per term. Montgomery College does not mail paper invoices for the current term’s charges while a term is in session. Montgomery College will periodically send an e-bill. Go here for registration and payment processes for non-credit courses. 

E-bill is the official billing method of Montgomery College. It is a convenient and reliable alternative to paper bills. E-bills provide faster and easier service to our students and their parents or guardians. Montgomery College sends an e-mail notification to the student’s official College e-mail account when an e-bill is available for viewing. Students have the ability to give access to authorized users to view their e-bills and or/make an online payment. You can add authorized users in the Pay My Bill area of MyMC. If you are having issues accessing your MyMC account or your Montgomery College e-mail account, please contact the IT Service Desk at (240) 567-7222.

Payments in Full 

Full payments can be made through the following methods:

Online through MyMC

Online services are available through MyMC, our secure payment portal. We accept the following forms of online payments:  

  • Debit and Credit Card - We accept major debit and credit card brands including Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
  • ATM Debit Card - The following networks are supported: Accel, NYCE, Pulse, and Star. Debit cards issued by Bank of America, Chase, US Bank, and Wells Fargo cannot be processed as a debit card online.

Log in to MyMC to make your online payment

In Person 

In-person payments may be made by cash, check*, money order*, or debit/credit cards with the Mastercard, Visa, and Discover logos. Visit a Cashier's Office on campus to make your payment: 

Rockville Campus 
Student Services Building
51 Mannakee Street
Rockville, MD 20850

Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus 
Student Services Center
7600 Takoma Avenue
Takoma Park, MD 20912

Germantown Campus 
Sciences and Applied Studies Building
20200 Observation Drive
Germantown, MD 20876

By Mail

Checks and money orders may be mailed to:
Montgomery College Cashier’s Office
51 Mannakee Street
Rockville, MD 20850

  • Checks and money orders must be made payable to MONTGOMERY COLLEGE.  When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.  
  • Include your student M number and a phone number on the check or money order.
  • Montgomery College does not accept counter checks, two-party checks, or starter checks.
Flywire by peerTransfer (International Wires)

Montgomery College has partnered with Flywire (formerly peerTransfer) to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With Flywire, international students receive the following benefits:

  • excellent foreign exchange rates, generally allowing payments to be made in a student’s home currency
  • payment tracking through the transfer process via a student dashboard
  • email confirmation when payment is received by the college
  • fast and secure payments
  • assurance that the exact payment amount sent is the same amount received by the college (no hidden bank fees)

Go to Flywire to begin the payment process, to learn more about Flywire, or to find international support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via Skype, email, or by phone at 1-800-346-9252.

A Montgomery College ID (M number) is required when using Flywire and the College will only accept payments up to your current balance due. 

Partial Payments

Partial payments can be made by enrolling in the interest-free Tuition Installment Plan (TIP) using a debit/credit account to pay for installment payments. 

MC TIP (MC Tuition Installment Plan)

MC TIP allows students to pay charges in several payments. Each term is independent and must be enrolled in separately. Enroll in a TIP by the payment deadline. The TIP due dates are fixed and cannot be changed. NOTE: MC TIP is not available for the Winter Session.  

  • For summer terms, the non-refundable enrollment fee is $20.00 per term. There will be 2 payments per summer plan. This includes a down payment due at the time of enrollment in the MC TIP and one other payment several weeks into the term.
  • For fall and spring terms, the non-refundable enrollment fee is $35.00 per term. There will be 3 or 4 payments for full term plans. This includes a down payment due at the time of enrollment in the MC TIP and follow-up payments later in the term.

To view and enroll in the MC TIP to pay for credit courses only, log into MyMC and click on Pay My Bill. If you are enrolled in both credit and noncredit courses, do not enroll in a TIP online. You must go to the Cashier’s Office to enroll in a payment plan. If you are enrolled in noncredit courses only, visit the Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE) TIP page for more information in enrolling in a payment plan. 

View the Summer 2017 Tuition Installment Plans Chart.

Other Payment Types
Third-party Sponsor (employer, military, and other agencies)

If you have an employer or other agency assisting you with your tuition and fee charges and they require an invoice to send payment, you will need to provide Montgomery College with authorization from your sponsor. The authorization must include the following information:

  • Your name and student identification number.
  • The name and billing address of the organization sponsoring you.
  • A contact name and phone number from the organization.
  • A specific statement that authorizes Montgomery College to bill the organization.
  • The total dollar amount to be billed to the organization.
  • Billing requirements from the organization.
  • Official signature (electronic signatures accepted) from organization.

Sponsor authorizations that do not include all of the required information will be returned to the sponsor and your organization will not be billed.

Sponsor authorizations may be submitted either by email to
or by fax to 301-545-0536 (Accounts Receivable Office fax). Email is our preferred method of sponsor authorization submission.

Please note:

  • If your sponsor authorization is based on course completion or attainment of a certain grade before payment is made, you need to pay for your classes and wait to be reimbursed by your employer.
  • Montgomery College does not defer tuition while you wait to be paid by your employer.
  • Montgomery College requires you to submit new documents for each term you attend.  You cannot submit one document for an academic year or multiple terms.
  • If your sponsor is not paying 100% of your tuition charges you will be required to pay your portion of the charges to the Cashier at the time your form is submitted. Also, it is your responsibility to supply your sponsor with grades or certificates of completion. This is not done by the College , even if the documentation from your sponsor authorizes the release of such items.
  • If your sponsor has indicated that they will pay for book charges, keep a copy of the documentation and submit it to the Follett Bookstore when you purchase your books.
  • Once your documentation has been received, an indicator will be placed on your account that will hold your classes until the charges are billed. If you decide not to attend a specific class or classes once you have submitted paperwork, then you must drop the class by the specified refund date in order to not be financially responsible for the charges.
  • Sponsors are billed after the fourth week of classes during the fall and spring term. During the summer terms, sponsors are billed after the second week of classes. In the case of noncredit (WD&CE) classes, sponsors are billed after the refund date for the particular class has expired.

Accounts in Collection

Students whose accounts have been sent to the State of Maryland Central Collections Unit (CCU) can contact the CCU at (800) 705-3493 for assistance. Payments for accounts in collection must be paid to the CCU directly. Some of the accepted payment methods are listed below:


Phone (24 hours a day): 1 (866) 272-1548

Mail (Do not send cash):
Central Collection Unit
P.O. Box 17277
Baltimore, Maryland 21297-0386

In Person:
CCU Headquarters Office
300 W. Preston Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201

It can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to have your payment posted on your Montgomery College student account.

Financial Aid and Scholarships
  • Students receiving Financial Aid may deduct expected aid from their tuition and fee charges.
  • If any amount is due, pay by the payment deadline.
  • In MyMC, visit My Financial Aid to review your expected aid including any Montgomery College scholarships and View Account Balance to review your total charges. These tools should help you calculate any balance you may owe to Montgomery College after any expected financial aid is awarded on your account.
  • If for any reason the student does not receive the expected financial aid, the student is responsible for all charges on their student account.
  • To learn more about available scholarships, please visit the Montgomery College Grants and Scholarships webpage.

Please contact us at 240-567-5000 or for assistance. 

End of section
Skip section
End of section
or request more information:
Not sure what you're looking for? Check out some of our most popular keyword searches:
Jump to Navigation
Skip section and go back to top