Early Childhood Education Club
The purpose of the Early Childhood Education club is to help students reach their goals to be early childhood educators by networking with one another, serving the early childhood community, and building hands on experiences with young children.
Meetings are on the first Friday of each month during the academic year at the Rockville
CS 128 at 7:00 p.m.
The MC Early Childhood Club was established in fall 2010. Since then, the ECE Club has:
- Raised money for an orphanage in Kenya.
- Hosted Read Alouds and donated over 5,000 books to children in the local area.
- Organized a "Book and Bear Drive" to support Rockville Police Department.
- Hosted ECE Workshops for MC students to support them in their field of study.
- Hosted guest speakers from the local early childhood community and universities.
- Been awarded "Club of the Year".
- Celebrated Week of the Young Child in the local community each spring semester by hosting "Passport to Learning" at Wheaton Mall providing hands on learning opportunities for over 500 children at each event.
Membership in the ECE Club is open to all MC students. For more information, contact Professor Christina Shawver at email@example.com.