WDCE Registration Information, Options, and Policies
Questions? Contact WDCE Customer Service at 240-567-5188
Notice: WDCE Customer Service will be closed on October 7th for a training event.
It is easy to register for noncredit courses. You do NOT have to Apply for Admissions to the College or take the assessment tests. Just review the WDCE Class Schedulesnew window or the Online WDCE Brochure (PDF, ) , identify the courses you are interested in, write down the course identification information and then select one of the following options. Questions: call Customer Service at 240-567-5188.
Registration Options for WDCE classes:
- Online/Web, pay by credit or debit card through MYMC.
- In-Person. Available at the Rockville Campus, Germantown Campus, and the Takoma Park / Silver Spring Campus are open regular hours. GBTC Customer Service is only open Monday thru Friday. Cash NOT accepted.
- By Fax # 240-683-6945 by credit or debit card using a WDCE Printable Registration Form (PDF, ) .
- By Mail, pay by credit card or a check.
- Use the printable WDCE Registration Form (PDF, ) , follow directions on form.
- Credit Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, or Discover only.
Helpful Links and Forms:
- WDCE Schedule of Classesnew window
- Maps and Directions to Campusesnew window.
- WDCE Customer Service Locationsnew window
- Parking Permitsnew window
- Top Questions Students Ask (FAQs)
- Printable WDCE Registration Form (PDF, )
- Printable WDCE Transfer Form (PDF, )
- Printable WDCE Drop a Class Form (PDF, )
- How to print an unofficial WDCE Transcript (PDF, )
- COVID Information / Policy. Allow at least 4 days prior to the start of the class to allow us time to process your COVID card.
- Video: How to upload your COVID Proof of Vaccination This requires a MYMC user name and password. If you have not claimed your account, read the instructions for claiming your MYMC account.
Web Registration Instructions In English
- New Student, How to Create a MYMC Account, Register and Pay (PDF, )
- Returning Student, How to Register and Pay via MYMC (PDF, )
- Online Payment via MYMC Instructions (PDF, )
Registración en línea / Web Registration Instructions in Spanish
- WDCE-Nuevo estudiante: crear una cuenta- regístrese y pague / New Student create MYMC Account (PDF, )
- Regístrese y Pague. Para inscriberse en las clases / Returning Student Register & Pay (PDF, )
- Instrucción para processor su pago línea / Online payment via MYMC (PDF, )
Other helpful instructions:
Registration Restrictions, Policies, and Waivers
Visit Refund and Withdrawal Policy for Noncredit Classes, Workforce Development and Continuing Education to learn more.
The following are general guidelines taken from the College policy on residency for tuition purposes. A complete copy of the policy is available in the Montgomery College Catalog.
- Students attending Montgomery College will pay tuition according to their residency classification. To qualify for in-state tuition, a student must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or have a qualifying VISA status.
- To qualify, for tuition purposes, as a resident of the state of Maryland, legal domicile must have been maintained for a period of not less than three months prior to the first regularly scheduled class for the semester, unless you are a member of the Military covered under HB935.
- The domicile of a person registering in a noncredit course at Montgomery College shall be considered as a person’s permanent place of abode, where physical presence and possessions are maintained, and where he/she intends to remain indefinitely.
To transfer from one CRN# to another, of the same course, you must submit the request in writing to any Workforce Development and Continuing Education. The transfer request must be received before the beginning date of both courses.
Fill out the Transfer Form (PDF, )
Mail to: Montgomery College WDCE, Attn: Transfer of Class, 51 Mannakee Street, CC 220, Rockville, Maryland 20850
Fax to: 240-683-6945
In person to: Any WDCE Customer Service Office
If you have registered as a noncredit student in a co-listed class, and wish to change from noncredit to credit status, you will have only one day after the class has begun to transfer to credit status. After that, you are committed to your path for the remainder of the course. If the course has a required assessment level to be a credit student, you must first complete the assessment testing and meet the appropriate assessment level before you can change to credit status.
TIP Tuition Installment Plan gives students the opportunity to pay for some of the more expensive courses in installments. Visit TIP to learn more.
Only noncredit courses designated “tuition waiver applies” in each publication will be available for tuition waiver for Maryland State Residents. This statement appears in each applicable course description. Only tuition is waived; required fees must be paid by the student. Documents must be received at time of registration.
Senior Tuition Waiver: Individuals 60 years or older by the start date of the class may have tuition waived.
National Guard Tuition Waiver: If you are currently a member of the Maryland National Guard and are enlisted for at least a 24-month period, you are eligible for a 50 percent tuition waiver. You must submit proof of such from the Adjutant General’s office.
Note: Courses marked with a "heart symbol" are approved for VA educational benefits. Visit VA Benefits for WDCE Noncredit students for more information.
Disability Tuition Waiver Policy
Workforce Development and Continuing Education has a Guide for Tuition Waiver for Students with Disabilities. Please read the document to see if you may qualify for the Disability Tuition Waiver.
A resident of Maryland who is out of the workforce because of a permanent disability as defined by the Social Security Act may qualify for a disability waiver. Visit SSA Disability for more information.
If you need support services due to a disability, visit WDCE Disability Support Services.
Select noncredit career related courses are eligible for VA Benefits. Visit VA Benefits/GI Bill for noncredit WDCE students for more information.
From time to time WDCE student scholarships become available. Visit WDCE Scholarship Opportunities to learn more.
In addition to the completed WDCE Registration form (PDF, ) , Au Pairs must also complete the B&I Form (PDF, ) (Business and Industry Agreement Instructions) with their employer. Note the additional documentation letter/passport/Visa, as listed on the B&I form, which is required at the time of registration. This may be turned in at any WDCE Customer Service location.
Special Instructions for MC Employees taking WDCE Noncredit Courses
Payment by EAP
Employees may use EAP (Educational Assistance Programs) to pay for WDCE noncredit courses, pending funding availability. Sign-in to MYMC and under Employee Resources find the tab for Travel and Expenses > then Education Assistance Programs and Forms (EAP). Fill out the form as directed. You must also fill out a WDCE Registration form. Bring both forms to the WDCE Customer Service counter to register for your class. The completed EAP form is then forwarded to Human Resources for processing.
Employees who wish to to use EAP to pay for online noncredit courses such as Ed2Go or UGotClass should contact Customer Service at x7-7872 for special instructions.
Payment by Department Funds
Employees who are taking a Workforce Development and Continuing Education Noncredit course and paying via department funds must use this form: MC Authorization to Pay for a Non Credit Course From Department Budget (PDF, ) . Once completed with all necessary signatures, take the form to any WDCE Customer Service location for processing. You must also fill out a WDCE Registration form (PDF, ) . Bring both forms to the WDCE Customer Service counter to register for your class. The completed Dept. Authorization form is then forwarded to the Comptroller for processing.