Office of the President
Meet Interim President Charlene Mickens Dukes
Dr. Charlene Mickens Dukes is the interim president of Montgomery College. She takes over for Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard, who served as president of Montgomery College from 2010 through 2021.
Dr. Dukes served thirteen years as president of Prince George’s Community College (PGCC). Dr. Dukes is a staunch advocate for student access and success while understanding that collaboration and commitment are essential elements along this journey. Upon her retirement from PGCC in August 2020, she celebrated forty-two years of progressive leadership, inclusive of administrative experience, policy development and implementation, fundraising, organizational development, grantsmanship, and local, regional, and national service in higher education. Read more about Dr. Dukes (PDF, ) .
Read a welcome message from Dr. Dukes (PDF, ) .
Read about our FY20 Goals and Priority Areas of Focus (PDF, ) .
Presidents are listed by year of service at Montgomery College:
- Hugh G. Price | 1946-1953
- Dr. Donald E. Deyo | 1953-1965
- Dr. George A. Hodson, Jr. | 1965-1966
- Dr. William C. Strasser | 1966 - 1979
- Dr. Robert E. Parilla | 1979 - 1999
- Dr. Charlene R. Nunley (Gold Medallion) | 1999 - 2007
- Dr. Brian K. Johnson | 2007 - 2009
- Dr. Hercules Pinkney (Gold Medallion) | 2009 - 2010
- Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard (Gold Medallion) | 2010–2021
(Awarded by the Board of the Trustees, the Gold Medallion recognizes exceptional service and nationally recognized presidential leadership in higher education.)
- Compliance, Risk, and Ethics
- Equity and Inclusion
- General Counsel
- Government Relations
- Institutional Research and Effectiveness
- Planning and Policy