Welcome to Montgomery College
We've laid out all the steps you need to follow to become an MC student. Click the button below for details on each step of the process, or see the Raptor Reference card (PDF, ) for an easy-to-follow checklist. You might also be interested in special audience pages for adult learners, or for parents and families.Get Started
Not ready to apply yet? Find more information below or fill out our information request form and we'll be in touch soon.
How-To Videos: Getting Started at MC
Watch our series of helpful how-to videos for everything you need to know to become a student at Montgomery College.
Montgomery College has been my home for many years and has provided me wonderful opportunities to serve the community. Whether it was providing leadership opportunities for students in The Office of Student Life or educating the community about financial aid opportunities as a Financial Aid Counselor, I have spent some of the best years of my life at Montgomery College. There is nothing more rewarding than watching a student’s growth and achievements; Nothing more humbling than knowing that in some small way you may have assisted them in reaching their goals. It is why I love Montgomery College, and why I believe we truly “empower our students to change their lives, and we enrich the life of our community”.
Hometown: Washington DC
Education: BA Spanish Language and Literature
Favorite thing about MC: The welcoming environment. Whether you are a Student, Faculty or Staff, you will find people that will embrace you, provide support, guidance, and friendship every step of the way.
Welcome! It is my pleasure to serve as one of your Germantown recruiters, as Montgomery College is your pathway to success! Whether you desire to earn your associates degree, transfer to a four-year institution or receive training through our Workforce Development & Continuing Education (WDCE) program, it is our goal at MC to guide you to the next level. Between the tremendous faculty members, a supporting staff and a robust campus life department, you can expect a well-rounded experience at MC. I look forward to witnessing your growth and eventual success as a student at the largest community college in Maryland!
Hometown: Uniondale, NY
Undergraduate Major: English
Hobbies: Reading, traveling, mentoring youth, watching sports (I LOVE the NY Knicks!) & public speaking.
Favorite thing about MC: The customer service that is shown to customers, diversity and the close-knit environment.
Being a first-generation American who came to the US at the age of fifteen, I realized that American exceptionalism and opportunities are available to all if you are willing to work hard for them. I have a passion for helping students achieving their educational goals because I truly believe in higher education and what it may bring to your future success and decision making. I hope to positively influence as many people as I possibly can in this wonderful journey at MC.
Hometown: Hyattsville, MD. Born in Saigon, Vietnam
Education: BSB, MBA, G/ACC
Hobbies: Online Gaming and Fishing
Favorite Things about MC: Its diversity and commitment to higher education for all.”
September 22, 2020 – January 29, 2021 (no hours September 29, 2020)
Tuesdays: 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Wednesdays: 1–4 p.m.
Thursdays: 5–7 p.m.
- Join us via zoomnew window!
- Meeting ID: 985 4774 6053
- Password: Raptor
* To request a reasonable accommodation, please email Camille Cauley. Requests should be made at least two weeks in advance of the event.
Raptor Chat: Paying for College (A webinar on payment options)
A discussion about:
- Cost of attendance
- Financial aid & scholarships
- Payment options & deadlines
Raptor Chat: Why MC? (A webinar on benefits of attending MC)
A discussion about:
- The benefits of attending Montgomery College
- Navigating the MC website to locate resources
- Steps to enroll
- Where to find and complete the MC application
Raptor Chat: ¿Por qué elegir MC?
Únase a nosotros para una discusión sobre::
- Como puede obtener créditos universitarios para obtener un certificado o una carrera universitaria en Montgomery College
- Como puede ahorrar hasta un 50% en costos de matrícula en comparación con las universidades públicas de cuatro años.
- Con tres recintos y una amplia selección de cursos en línea, ofrecemos flexibilidad y conveniencia.
- Conozca los servicios disponibles para ayudar a nuestros estudiantes a tener éxito
- Los pasos para matricularse en Montgomery College
Raptor Chat: MC – USG Pathway
A discussion about:
- A local option for bachelor’s degree completion
- How you can save $50k+ on your 4-year degree
- Next steps for students and families
- Common misconceptions about transferring (debunked)
Also, hear from students who have completed the MC-USG Pathway.
Join us for an FAQ session about the upcoming fall semester at this free Facebook
Join us on Facebook!
Most fall classes and all winter classes are fully online.
- May 11, 2020: Fall course offerings published online for viewing only.
- May 18, 2020: Fall registration opens.
- August 31, 2020: Fall classes begin.
- September 8 through October 21, 2020: Late-starting classes begin.
- December 20, 2020: Official end of fall semester.
- October 5, 2020: Winter course offerings published online for viewing only.
- October 19, 2020: Winter registration opens.
- December 21, 2020: Winter classes begin (all online).
- October 19, 2020: Spring course offerings published online for viewing only.
- November 2, 2020: Spring priority registration opens.
- November 9, 2020: Spring general registration opens.
- January 25, 2021: Spring classes begin.