Welcome to Montgomery College
We've laid out all the steps you need to follow to become an MC student. Click the button below for details on each step of the process, or see the Raptor Reference card (PDF, ) for an easy-to-follow checklist. You might also be interested in special audience pages for adult learners, or for parents and families.Get Started
Not ready to apply yet? Find more information below or fill out our information request formnew window and we'll be in touch soon.
How-To Videos: Getting Started at MC
Watch our series of helpful how-to videos for everything you need to know to become a student at Montgomery College.
Montgomery College has been my home for many years and has provided me wonderful opportunities to serve the community. Whether it was providing leadership opportunities for students in The Office of Student Life or educating the community about financial aid opportunities as a Financial Aid Counselor, I have spent some of the best years of my life at Montgomery College. There is nothing more rewarding than watching a student’s growth and achievements; Nothing more humbling than knowing that in some small way you may have assisted them in reaching their goals. It is why I love Montgomery College, and why I believe we truly “empower our students to change their lives, and we enrich the life of our community”.
Hometown: Washington DC
Education: BA Spanish Language and Literature
Favorite thing about MC: The welcoming environment. Whether you are a Student, Faculty or Staff, you will find people that will embrace you, provide support, guidance, and friendship every step of the way.
Welcome! It is my pleasure to serve as one of your Germantown recruiters, as Montgomery College is your pathway to success! Whether you desire to earn your associates degree, transfer to a four-year institution or receive training through our Workforce Development & Continuing Education (WDCE) program, it is our goal at MC to guide you to the next level. Between the tremendous faculty members, a supporting staff and a robust campus life department, you can expect a well-rounded experience at MC. I look forward to witnessing your growth and eventual success as a student at the largest community college in Maryland!
Hometown: Uniondale, NY
Undergraduate Major: English
Hobbies: Reading, traveling, mentoring youth, watching sports (I LOVE the NY Knicks!) & public speaking.
Favorite thing about MC: The customer service that is shown to customers, diversity and the close-knit environment.
As a lifelong Montgomery County resident, Montgomery College has always provided opportunities that nurtured my growth & development as a camper, student, employee, and active community member. I believe higher education institutions are filled with endless resources that fuel students' success. I am confident I will play a "transformative role in the lives of individuals, businesses, and communities throughout Montgomery County, Maryland."
HomeTown: Silver Spring, MD
Education: BS Psychology, Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Organizational Development, Master of Business Administration
Hobbies: Hiking and traveling with my family
Favorite thing about MC: The diversity of Montgomery College's student population, academic programs, resources for community members, and workforce is unrivaled.
Being a first-generation American who came to the US at the age of fifteen, I realized that American exceptionalism and opportunities are available to all if you are willing to work hard for them. I have a passion for helping students achieving their educational goals because I truly believe in higher education and what it may bring to your future success and decision making. I hope to positively influence as many people as I possibly can in this wonderful journey at MC.
Hometown: Hyattsville, MD. Born in Saigon, Vietnam
Education: BSB, MBA, G/ACC
Hobbies: Online Gaming and Fishing
Favorite Things about MC: Its diversity and commitment to higher education for all.”
September 22, 2020 – January 28, 2021 (January 13 hours: 3–4 p.m.)
Tuesdays: 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Wednesdays: 1–4 p.m.
Thursdays: 5–7 p.m.
Join us via zoomnew window!
* To request a reasonable accommodation, please email Camille Cauley. Requests should be made at least two weeks in advance of the event.
Raptor Registration Day
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Join us for virtual enrollment assistance. Attend this session for information on how to:
- Use the Raptor Reference (PDF, ) card to assist with your enrollment
- Apply to MC
- Complete the financial aid process
- Determine course placement
- Meet with a counselor
- Register for classes
Register Nownew window
Use the Raptor Reference (PDF, ) card to assist with your enrollment
*To request a reasonable accommodation, please email Camille Cauley. Requests should be made at least two weeks in advance of the event.
Raptor Chat: Paying for College (A webinar on payment options)
A discussion about:
- Cost of attendance
- Financial aid & scholarships
- Payment options & deadlines
Raptor Chat: Why MC? (A webinar on benefits of attending MC)
A discussion about:
- The benefits of attending Montgomery College
- Navigating the MC website to locate resources
- Steps to enroll
- Where to find and complete the MC application
Raptor Chat: ¿Por qué elegir MC?
Únase a nosotros para una discusión sobre::
- Como puede obtener créditos universitarios para obtener un certificado o una carrera universitaria en Montgomery College
- Como puede ahorrar hasta un 50% en costos de matrícula en comparación con las universidades públicas de cuatro años.
- Con tres recintos y una amplia selección de cursos en línea, ofrecemos flexibilidad y conveniencia.
- Conozca los servicios disponibles para ayudar a nuestros estudiantes a tener éxito
- Los pasos para matricularse en Montgomery College
Raptor Chat: MC – USG Pathway
A discussion about:
- A local option for bachelor’s degree completion
- How you can save $50k+ on your 4-year degree
- Next steps for students and families
- Common misconceptions about transferring (debunked)
Also, hear from students who have completed the MC-USG Pathway.
Join us for an FAQ session about the upcoming fall semester at this free Facebook
Join us on Facebook!
All winter classes and most spring classes will be fully online.
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Search the Class Schedule
- Noncredit (WDCE) Course Offerings and Schedule
- October 5, 2020: Winter course offerings published online for viewing only.
- October 19, 2020: Winter registration opens.
- December 21, 2020: Winter classes begin (all online).
- October 19, 2020: Course offerings published online.
- November 2, 2020: Priority registration opens.
- November 9, 2020: General registration opens.
- January 25, 2021: Full term (15-week) classes begin.
- January 25, 2021: First seven-week classes begin.
- February 8: Late-starting (13-week) classes begin.
- March 29, 2021: Second seven-week classes begin.
- May 21, 2021: Official end of spring semester.
- Course schedules and registration dates to be announced.
- June 1, 2021: Summer I classes begin.
- June 21, 2021: Midsummer classes begin.
- July 12, 2021: Summer II classes begin.
Raptor Chat: Enrollment Steps & Financial Aid Information
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Looking for information about how to enroll at Montgomery College? Registration for
spring 2021 begins November 9. Attend this session to start smart. Enrollment and
financial aid information will be discussed.
Register Now for the English webinarnew window
¿Busca información sobre cómo inscribirse en Montgomery College? La inscripción para la primavera de 2021 comienza el 19 de noviembre. Aprenda a completar el proceso de inscripción y ayuda financiera en MC. Asista a esta sesión para comenzar de forma inteligente. Recibirá información de inscripción y ayuda financiera.
Raptor Chat: Maryland Dream Act and Enrollment Steps
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
The Maryland Dream Act allows Maryland high school graduates who are undocumented immigrants, U.S. citizens, and other statuses the opportunity to qualify for the lowest tuition rates at Montgomery College. To qualify, students must meet certain eligibility requirements and submit required documentation. Learn the requirements and documentation needed and see if you could qualify for a lower tuition rate at Montgomery College. Enrollment steps will also be discussed.
Raptor Chat: Health Sciences and Nursing Program Webinar
Wednesday, November 11, 2020
Interested in a Health Sciences program? Attend this webinar to learn about the variety of majors and programs offered in the health sciences area. Major options, careers, practicality of these professions, internships and scholarships in the following programs will be discussed:
- Community Health
- Exercise Science/Advanced Personal Training
- Mental Health
- Public Health Sciences
- PE Teacher Education
*Montgomery College also has degrees and certificates in the following areas (additional webinar coming soon): Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Emergency Preparedness Management, Fire Science and Emergency Services, Health Information Management, Physical Therapist Assistant, Polysomnography (Sleep Medicine), Radiologic (X-ray) Technology, Surgical Technology
Pasos De Inscripción Y "Maryland Dream Act"
Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Conozca los requisitos del Maryland Dream Act y vea si califica para una tasa de matrícula más baja en Montgomery College.
Raptor Chat: STEM Programs Webinar
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs lead to some of the most interesting, in-demand, and well-paying jobs and careers in the county and in the world. Students who complete STEM programs enter the workforce upon completion or transfer to four-year colleges or universities to complete the last two years of their undergraduate degree. Attend this webinar for information about career opportunities and enrollment information for STEM majors.