Programs, Majors, and Degrees
Register for spring classes. Most spring classes will be fully online. Students in certain programs may come to campus for hybrid classes. Spring classes will be held in seven-week and 15-week sessions. See the frequently asked questions to learn more.
Montgomery College offers associate's degrees and certificates. An associate's degree requires completion of a 60- to 70-credit combination of courses (generally, about 20 courses). A certificate is a shorter program (minimum of 12 credits) focusing on the development of specific skills.
If you are undecided as to which specific program will best suit your career or transfer
needs, explore the Fields of Study (FOS).
* Program offers some fully online degree or certificate (see all fully online degrees)
+ Program offers some degrees available as a Z-Degree - no textbook purchases required (see all Z-degrees)
- Cloud Computing and Networking Technology
- Computer Science *
- Data Science
- Information Technology
- Science (Biological Science, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Environmental Science and Policy, Mathematics, Physics)
- STEM: Noncredit & Continuing Education
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Emergency Preparedness Management
- Fire Science and Emergency Services
- Health Enhancement, Exercise Science & Physical Education
- Health Information Management
- Homeland Security
- Mental Health Associate
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic (X-Ray) Technology
- Surgical Technology
- Health Sciences: Noncredit & Continuing Education
- Integrated Studies Area of Concentration (INTG Core) *, +
- Studies in Humanities, Arts, Communication, and Languages Area of Concentration (HACL Core) *, +
- Studies in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Area of Concentration (STEM Core) *, +
- Studies in Social Science, Administration, and Health Area of Concentration (SSAH Core) *, +
- Carpentry Area of Concentration, Building Trades Technology AAS Degree
- Electrical Wiring Area of Concentration, Building Trades Technology AAS Degree
- HVAC Area of Concentration, Building Trades Technology AAS Degree
- Carpentry Certificate
- Electrical Wiring Certificate
- HVAC Certificate
- Residential Remodeling and Repair Certificate
- Early Childhood Education Technology Degree *
- Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Special Education Degree
- Early Childhood Education Certificate
- Elementary Education/Elementary Special Education Degree
- Secondary Education–English Degree
- Secondary Education–Mathematics Degree
- Secondary Education–Physics Degree
- Secondary Education–Spanish Degree
- Secondary Education-Chemistry Degree
- Humanities, Arts, Communication and Languages Core General Studies Degree*,+
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Core (STEM) General Studies Degree *, +
- Social Sciences, Administration and Health Core *,+
- Integrated Studies Core General Studies Degree *, +
- General Studies Undecided General Studies Degree (GENU) *, +
- Digital Animation AAS Degree
- Graphic Design Area of Concentration, Graphic Design AAS Degree
- Illustration Area of Concentration, Graphic Design AAS Degree
- Graphic Design, AFA Statewide Program (School of Art + Design) Degree
- Digital Animation Certificate
- Graphic Design with Digital Tools Certificate
- Food and Beverage Management Area of Concentration, Hospitality Management AAS Degree
- Management/Supervision Area of Concentration, Hospitality Management AAS Degree
- Food and Beverage Management Certificate
- Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Certificate *
- Meeting, Conference, and Event Planning Certificate
- Science AS Degree, Biological Science Area of Concentration
- Science AS Degree, Chemistry and Biochemistry Area of Concentration
- Science AS Degree, Environmental Science and Policy Area of Concentration
- Science AS Degree, Mathematics Area of Concentration
- Science AS Degree, Physics Area of Concentration
Definitions of Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate of Fine Arts, Associate of Applied Science, and Certificate.
MC offers 22 AA degrees recognizing mastery in the liberal and fine arts and is intended for transfer to equivalent bachelor of arts programs at four-year schools.
MC offers 22 AS degrees recognizing mastery in science or technology and is intended for transfer to bachelor of science programs at four-year institutions.
MC offers seven AAT degrees recognizing mastery in a core of professional education coursework and fieldwork consistent with the first two years of teacher preparation.
MC offers two AFA degrees (graphic design and studio art) recognizing mastery in the professional arts by those planning to transfer to a BFA program.
MC offers 39 AAS degrees recognizing mastery of vocational-technical occupational skills and intended for those seeking immediate employment opportunities.
MC offers 64 certificate programs recognizing successful completion of a sequence of courses (a minimum of 12 credits) that focus on the development of specific technical skills.
MC offers certificates and licenses in numerous fields.
- Certified Professional Horticulturalist
- CISCO® Certified Network Association (CCNA)
- First Responder
- Interior Design Professional
- Medical Coder
- MSDE: Child Development Associate (CDA)
- Personal Trainer Certificate
- Physical Therapist
- Certified Public Accountant