Technical Writing Certificate
The certificate curriculum is designed for those seeking to move into careers in technical writing and editing or to upgrade skills in this area.
The emphasis is on tools, techniques, and procedures for developing, preparing, and producing technical documents and presentations in a work environment.
Upon completion of this program a student will be able to:
- Write clearly for different audiences.
- Edit documents for correctness and consistency.
- Edit documents using sound grammar.
- Plan documents, including the budgeting and scheduling of them.
- Learn what is taught in a computer class.
- Plan, deliver, and critique speeches common in business and industry.
- Implement basic principles of management or marketing that are common in business and industry.
Meet with your academic advisor regularly to discuss your academic plans.
Technical writers, also called technical communicators, produce instruction manuals and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily. They also develop, gather, and disseminate technical information among customers, designers, and manufacturers.
- Career Outlook for Technical Writers: Information from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- MC Career Services: Planning and support for MC students and alumni.
- Career Coach: Explore hundreds of potential careers and job possibilities.
Get Started: Apply and Register
Related Programs and Courses
General Studies Degree
Students who major in general studies explore personal, professional, and academic areas of interest within a flexible framework supporting transfer.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education
MC offers a wide variety of noncredit classes designed to help you upgrade your skills, pursue career training, or learn something new.