Workforce Development and Continuing Education
Are you in a career transition? Reentering the workforce, or seeking to update your technical skills? Maybe you are just looking for personal knowledge enrichment? All of these types are among our 25,000 noncredit students each year. WDCE is certified by the Learning Resources Network (LERN), an international association in lifelong learning.
- Summer Registration Opens on April 5th
- WDCE Fall schedule available mid-July
- New: GEER (Governor's Emergency Education Relief Fund) designed to help Maryland students affected by COVID. Learn more about GEER funding opportunity.
- Looking for Online Classes?
- Looking for reasonably priced online courses from Ed2Go or UGotClass which start monthly and run for 4-6 weeks and are available 24/7. Visit Noncredit Online Courses to learn more.
- Youth Programs: R
- Youth Summer schedulenew window is now OPEN.
- Hundreds of camps for kids grades 1-12. Lots of STEAM. Science. Technology. Engineering. Arts. Math. and lots more!
- Disney Institute - Leadership Excellence workshop coming to MC. Postponed until 2022. Learn more about Disney Institute - Leadership Excellence.
- New publication: MC Industry Certification and Licensure Test Prep Programs.
Computer Technology / ITI
Management and Leadership
- Project Management
- Human Resources
- Coaching Certification Program
- Clinical Trial Project Management (CTPM)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Animal Care and Veterinary Assistant
- Early Childhood Education
- Green Technology
- Hospitality, Food Safety, and Event Management
- Income Tax Preparer
- Instituto Hispano de Negocios y Entrenemiento, Hispanic Business Institute
- Nonprofit Training Institute
- Small Business Courses
- Adult ESOL
- GED Prep
- WorkPlus! English & Job Skills
- Refugee Program
- U.S. Citizenship Program
- TESOL, Teachers of ESOL Training Program
ELAP, Academic English, English Language for Academic Purposes
Learn more about English Language Skills Programs
- Building and Construction
- Apartment Maintenance Technician
- Architecture and Construction Management
- Basic Repairs Series
- Green Technology
- Computer Repair, CompTIA and A+ exam prep.
- Workforce Technologies
- Maker Space / Fab Lab
- Customized Training for Business
Elevate and engage your employees with expert and experienced faculty, and courses tailored to your company’s specific needs. Almost all of our WDCE programs can be customized to suit your needs. Popular topics include Management and Leadership, Project Management, Computer Training, and many more.
What can Workforce Development and Continuing Education do for you?
We offer affordable, practical, and convenient classes at locations throughout the county and online.
Are you looking for a class to update your work skills? WDCE offers noncredit classes that can be as short as a few days, or a week or two. Some classes run a full semester. These classes can enhance your business or technical skills. They offer opportunities for you to learn something new, or gain industry certifications. Some semester-long credit classes are co-listed with noncredit. This gives you the opportunity to take a semester-long class without having to worry about a grade.
Not quite sure what career path to take? Noncredit classes can give you the opportunity to explore career options and provide options to further your career. You may want to continue with noncredit courses leading to industry certifications. Or you may find that applying to MC as a degree seeking student is better for you. Some students take a combination of both credit and noncredit classes.
Community Education enrichment courses are for everyone in the community. The arts, sciences, languages, history and current events, personal enrichment, technology, finance, and more. There are programs for all ages including Youth Programs & summer camps, driver education for teens, courses for adults with developmental disabilities, and many lifelong learning courses for students age 50+.
Workforce Development & Continuing Education