Transportation and Public Safety
Delivering the best in transportation safety education, certification and licensure preparation for our community!
Montgomery College offers a set of program designed to help you stay safe including Driver Education, Motorcycle Safety and Commercial Driver License training. We welcome you to explore our different programs.
Montgomery College's 36 hour Driver Education Course available for all students
Montgomery College's 36 hour Driver Education Course, is approved by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration and consists of the required 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours Behind the Wheel. Our classroom includes learner-centered instruction, inclusive to accommodate students with mild learning disabilities, and is limited to 18 students per course. Behind the Wheel is one-on-one instruction with a certified driving Instructor. Successful completion of this driver education course is one of the requirements for obtaining a Maryland driver's license.
We also offer Driver’s Education with Additional Support to accommodate all students.
Beginner and Advanced courses available for 'M' license endorsement
Montgomery College offers Motorcycle Safety courses for students looking to add the ‘M’ endorsement to a driver’s license with beginner courses (BRC) and advanced courses (BRC2-LW) available. All motorcycle courses are developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and recognized and approved by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA).
To Register for Montgomery College Safety Training Classes, visit: https://chesapeakesc.org
Montgomery College, in association with the Chesapeake Region Safety Council and the Mid Atlantic OTI Education Center, we are pleased to offer trainer courses in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry.
- OSHA 501, Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry, SFT081 (January 21-24, 2020)
- Principles of Occupational Safety and Health, SFT073 (February 10 -14, 2020)
- Distracted Driving Course, SFT102 (February 12, 2020)
- OSHA 510, Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry, SFT072 (March 2-5, 2020)
- Alive at 25, SFT104 (March 25, 2020)
- Safety Management Techniques, SFT099 ( April 20 -24, 2020)
- Distracted Driving Course, SFT102 ( April 22, 2020)
- OSHA 6005, Collateral Duty for Other Federal Agencies (May 11-14, 2020)
- Alive at 25, SFT104 ( May 20, 2020)
- Fundamentals of Risk Management Certificate (June 22-26, 2020)
- National Safety Council-First Aid, CPR, AED Instructor Course (July 6-8, 2020)
- National Safety Council-Emergency Preparedness Train the Trainer Course (July 9-10, 2020)
- Safety Training Methods, SFT091 (August 3-7, 2020)
- OSHA 511, Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry, SFT082 (September 14-17, 2020)
- National Safety Council-First Aid, CPR, AED Instructor Course (October 5-7, 2020)
- POSH-Principles of Occupational Safety and Health, SFT073 (November 16-20, 2020)
- OSHA 501, Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry,
SFT081 (December 7-10)
A "CDL" is a Commercial Driver’s License. It meets standards that are the same for every state. It differs from the Maryland "operator's" or "chauffeur's" licenses. It is required if you drive combination vehicles (Class A), heavy straight vehicles (Class B) or small vehicles (Class C).
911 Dispatch Academy, SFT087 (60 hrs.)
Interested in 911 Dispatch Academy? Contact us for more information about the next session.
Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. AND Saturdays from 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. On the Rockville Campus, Mannakee Building. Cost: $800 + $170 fee = $970. Non-Maryland residents add $400.
Get an exciting introductory experience with your feet on the ground. Whether looking for a hobby or looking for a job, find out what it takes to become a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certified Private Pilot. The morning three hours of classroom includes topics such as requirements for license, history of aviation, basic principles of flight, maintenance guidelines, air traffic control communications, choosing a flight school, supplies needed, cost estimation, and much more. After the classroom portion (at MC Rockville), students will transport themselves to Davis Airport at 7200 Hawkins Creamery Road, Gaithersburg for a two-hour tour of planes, the cockpit, the airport, the runway, review of preflight checklists and much more! If weather permits, there will be an aircraft flyby. Come join us for the exciting educational opportunity.
Contact Program Director, Sharon Maxwell, for further information at email@example.com, phone 240-567-2589
Printable Registration Form (PDF, )
Customized Contract Training
Some of the Transportation Safety Courses are also available as Customized Contract Training. Contact Program Director, Sharon Maxwell, for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 240-567-2589.
Below you will find a listing of helpful Transportation Safety resources. For further information you may want to visit the appropriate Transportation Safety web page.
Maryland Motor Vehicle Administrationnew window
Maryland DMV Motorcycle Safety Program new window