Transportation and Public Safety
Montgomery College offers a range of programs designed with safety at the forefront. Whether you are looking for a state vehicle license or have an interest in public safety, we are local leaders in providing the best training.
- All courses and subsequent testing are conducted in English only; no translations are allowed.
- Winter & Spring 2024 Transportation Safety Classes (PDF, )
- Summer 2024 Transportation Safety Classes. (PDF, ) (summer registration opens April 8th)
Montgomery College's 36 hour Driver Education Course available for all students
MC's 36 hour Driver Education Course is approved by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration and consists of the required 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours Behind the Wheel. Behind the Wheel is one-on-one instruction with a certified driving Instructor. Successful completion of this driver education course is one of the requirements for obtaining a Maryland driver's license.
We also offer Driver’s Education with additional support to accommodate all students.
Beginner and Advanced courses available for 'M' license endorsement
MC offers motorcycle safety courses for students looking to add the ‘M’ endorsement to a driver’s license with beginner courses (BRC) and advanced courses (BRC2-LW). All motorcycle courses are developed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) and recognized and approved by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration (MVA).
A "CDL" is a Commercial Driver’s License. It meets standards that are the same for every state. It differs from the Maryland "operator's" or "chauffeur's" licenses. It is required if you drive combination vehicles (Class A), heavy straight vehicles (Class B) or small vehicles (Class C).
To Register for Montgomery College Safety Training Classes, visit: Chesapeake Region Safety Council (CRSC)new window
Updates will be posted when available.
Serve and protect your community. This program has two parts – classroom and hands on. Students will complete both parts to receive a certificate of completion.
Learn more about the Basic Special Police Officer Academynew window.
- Printable Registration Form (PDF, )
- Driver's Education Frequently Asked Questions
- Motorcycle Safety Frequently Asked Questions and Statistics
Customized Contract Training
Some of the Transportation Safety Courses are also available as Customized Contract Training. Contact Program Director, Sharon Maxwell, for further information at email@example.com or phone 240-567-2589.
Below you will find a listing of helpful Transportation Safety resources.
- Maryland Motor Vehicle Administrationnew window
- Maryland MVA Rookie Driver Guide for Teens and Parents new window
- Maryland MVA Commercial Driver’s License Informationnew window
- Maryland MVA Motorcycle Safety Programnew window
- Maryland MVA Customer Self-Report of a Medical Conditionnew window
- REAL ID Compliance needed by May 3, 2023