Getting Started: How to Apply and Register
Are you a current or returning student? See How to Register for Classes.
Looking for noncredit (Workforce Development and Continuing Education) classes? See Noncredit Course Offerings.
Not ready to apply yet? Explore our programs, majors, and degrees and class schedules.
If you are undecided as to which specific program will best suit your career or transfer needs, explore the Fields of Study (FOS).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, most classes are fully online until further notice. Students in certain programs may come to campus for hybrid classes. See Student Guidance for more information.
Enrollment Steps for New Credit Students
Complete the admissions application.
- Complete the MC admissions application.
- Submit an official high school transcript. Due to the current COVID-19 situation with campus departments operating remotely, high school transcripts may be submitted electronically by high schools that use Naviance, or complete the Raptor Central Online Request Formnew window. We may request an official sealed copy of emailed transcripts for verification purposes.
General admission to Montgomery College is open to anyone who has either graduated from an accredited high school, satisfactorily completed the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) examination, or is at least 16 years of age and has graduated or left secondary school. Standardized test scores (e.g., SAT, ACT) are not required for admission but may be used to determine your course placement.
- Apply for financial aid.
- Apply for Disability Support Services (DSS) if needed. Students must self-identify and are encouraged to contact DSS as soon as possible after admission to the College.
- If you qualify for the Maryland Dream Act, complete the forms.
- Some programs at the College have additional admissions requirements and/or deadlines.
See each program for details:
Set up your MyMC account and your MC email. Then check whether you need to take a placement test.
- Claim your MyMC account. Go to MyMCnew window and click on "Claim Your Account." You will be prompted to enter your MC Student ID along with your M# (nine characters including the M). You can find your Student ID and M# in the letter that was emailed to the personal email address you listed on your application.
- Once you are logged in to MyMC, set up your Montgomery College email account by clicking on the email icon. This is the way MC will communicate with you.
- Based on your academic history, you may or may not need to complete our MC Remote Placement process. Visit the Assessment and Testing Centers/Remote Placement page for information and instructions about this process.
Register for your classes and be sure to submit your payment on time.
Now, let’s prepare for the semester:
- Register for classes by logging in to MyMC, clicking on "Registration," then choosing the icon that says “Register for Classes.” After completing your registration, print your schedule.
- Pay tuition and fees. You can make payments in full online or in person, by mail or by wire. Interest-free tuition installment plans and payment by third-party sponsors are also available. Find out more about Payment Options.
- Find out how to obtain your MC Photo ID.
- Obtain your parking permit.
- Purchase/rent your books from the MC Campus Store.
- Attend class!
Most classes are fully online until further notice.
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Search the Class Schedule
- Noncredit (WDCE) Course Offerings and Schedule
- October 19, 2020: Course offerings published online.
- November 2, 2020: Priority registration opens.
- November 9, 2020: General registration opens.
- January 25, 2021: Full term (15-week) classes begin.
- January 25, 2021: First seven-week classes begin.
- February 8: Late-starting (13-week) classes begin.
- March 29, 2021: Second seven-week classes begin.
- May 21, 2021: Official end of spring semester.
- March 29, 2021: Course offerings published online.
- April 5, 2021: Registration opens.
- June 1, 2021: Summer I classes begin.
- June 21, 2021: Midsummer classes begin.
- July 12, 2021: Summer II classes begin.
- April 19, 2021: Course offerings published online.
- April 26, 2021: Priority registration opens.
- May 3, 2021: General registration opens.
- August 30, 2021: Fall classes begin.