Student ID Cards

Student ID Cards Not Required

The issuing of student ID cards is suspended while campus access is restricted due to the coronavirus pandemic. Student ID cards are not required for any reason during this time. 

How do I get a student ID card? 

To obtain your student ID card, bring your paid receipt* and another form of photo identification to:


Public Safety & Security
Science and Applied Studies (SA) Building, Room 259A (Germantown Campus map)

8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Monday - Saturday

For more information or special requests, call Public Safety Supervisor Cpl. James Richards at 240-567-7777. 


Public Safety & Security
Mannakee Building (MK), Room 125 (Rockville Campus map)

8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday

For more information or special requests, call 240-567-5111.

Takoma Park/Silver Spring

Public Safety & Security
Student ID Office
Student Services (ST) Building, Room 211 (TP/SS Campus map)

8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday

For more information, call the Student ID Office at  240-567-3794 or the public safety line at 240-567-1600. 

*  Acceptable proofs of payment include:

  1. Account Summary by Term from MyMC: Log in to MyMC and choose "Pay My Bill/Manage Account". Then scroll down to the box labeled "My Account". FOR STUDENT ID (as labeled in column A) Log in to MyMC. Click on the icon labeled "Student ID Cards".
  2. MC TIP Confirmation  
  3. Financial Aid Award Letter (Log in to MyMC , click on "Financial Aid" tab. Click on "Financial Aid Awards," and then select the current year, and click and print the "Award Overview.") 
  4. Financial Aid Request for Class Reservation form processed by Financial Aid
  5. Student Schedule with zero balance from the Office of Records and Registration
  6. Account Summary from the Campus Cashier

How do I activate my student ID card?

You need to validate your ID card each semester by placing the current semester payment sticker on the card.

To receive a sticker, show proof of payment at an Office of Records and Registration or a Raptor Central on any campus. 

What do I do with my student ID card?

A student ID card with current semester registration sticker will allow you to:

  • Check out library books
  • Use computer and writing labs
  • Use swimming pools
  • Receive transportation on Ride On buses within Montgomery County 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at no additional charge  

Students should carry their student ID card with them at all times when on campus.