Assessment and Testing Centers
This Assessment and Testing Centers webpage offers information for new students on our MC Remote Placement process for Spring 2022. If you are a faculty or current student looking for information on academic testing, please visit Academic Testing.
Remote Placement is for all new students who need to complete, for the first time, assessments for course placement in English, ESL (English as a Second Language), Math and/or Chemistry.
Returning students or current students who need to take a placement as part of their current academic sequence (i.e. math or chemistry), can meet with someone in Counseling & Advising for further guidance. Follow the instructions on this webpage: Meet with a Counselor/Advisor.
If you need an accommodation related to your disability to complete the MC Remote Placement tasks, contact Disability Support Services before completing any tasks.
We remain dedicated to helping students achieve their educational dreams through affordable means. Visit our page Paying For College for more information.
MC Remote Placement
New students, please read parts 1 through 4 below to get started with your remote placement options. If you have any questions related to the information below, please send us an email at: RemotePlacement@montgomerycollege.edu.
- Remote Placement (RP)
- RP Part One: Claim Your College Account: You MUST do this step before any of the other steps.
- RP Part Two: Multiple Placement Options: Check to see if you already have a placement score.
- RP Part Three: MC Remote Placement: How to contact the specific academic department for placement.
- RP Part Four: Online New Student Orientation: The last step in your placement process.
Dr. DeRionne P. Pollard Student Affairs and Science Building (SA)
Long Nguyen and Kimmy Duong Student Services Center (SV)
TAKOMA PARK/SILVER SPRING
Nunley Student Services Building (ST)
- Monday, Thursday & Friday: 10:00 a.m.–noon
- Tuesday & Wednesday: noon–2:00 p.m.