GED Test Preparation Program
Montgomery College's GED® Test Preparation Program is for adults in Maryland who need to get their High School Diploma. GED Test Preparation Classes include three levels:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) is for those students who need basic skills in reading and math.
- Pre-GED Test Preparation is for students who have stronger skills, but need more work in all of the content areas.
- GED Test Preparation is for students who are ready to focus on the academic areas covered by the official State test.
- Optional: Attend a GED Community Information Session. Locations will vary, current dates/times are listed on the schedule page (about 1-2 hours)
- Step 1: Attend GED Orientation: Overview of GED Preparation Class at Montgomery College (1 hour)
- Step 2: Testing: Take a CASAS Reading and Math Assessment Test (about 2 hours)
- Step3: Assignment : Student will receive class schedule ( 1 hour)
- More Questions? Visit GED FAQs.
- 18 years of age or older at the time of registration. If you are age 16 -17, please contact us.
- Students 18 years of age, must provide official documentation of school withdrawal.
- Officially withdrawn from all public or private high school programs.
- The Adult ESOL & Literacy Grant Program (AELG) is unable to provide services to F-1 (international students) and J-1 Visa (Exchange visitor) holders. * Please visit GED FAQs for more details.
- Photo ID is needed to participate in activities on both testing and assignment days.
For additional information, visit the GED Information session and class schedule webpage.
The GED information sessions and classes are held at various campus locations and
local high schools. Many classes are in-person, some are hybrid in-person and online,
and some are totally online.