GED Test Preparation Program
Montgomery College's GED® Test Preparation Program is for adults in Maryland who need to get their High School Diploma. GED Test Preparation Classes include three levels. ABE and Pre-GED level classes are free of charge. The cost of GED test preparation classes depends on the number of class hours and ranges from $40-$65.
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) is for those students who need basic skills in reading and math.
- Pre-GED Test Preparation is for students who have stronger skills, but need more work in all of the content areas.
- GED Test Preparation is for students who are ready to focus on the academic areas covered by the official State test.
What do I need to do to be placed in a GED Test Preparation Class?
Enrollment Requirements for Montgomery College GED Test Preparation Classes
- You must live in Maryland.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Students 18 years of age, must provide official documentation of school withdrawal.
- Students with F1 or J1 visa cannot take classes in this program.
- All new students must attend an online orientation via zoom.
- All classes must take an in-person test called CASAS to be placed in a class (online or in-person).
- All classes are free except for those at the GED® level.
- Students at the GED® level must pay tuition.
- For safety and security reasons, please do not bring children to registration, testing, or classes.
For additional information, visit the GED Information session and class schedule webpage.
GED® Test Preparation classes are offered on campus and online via zoom.
Official GED Test
For information about the Maryland state administration of the GED test call 410-767-0936 or visit the websitenew window
GED® is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education (ACE) and administered exclusively by GED Testing Service LLC under license. This information is not endorsed or approved by ACE or GED Testing Service.