Montgomery College is committed to providing equal access and opportunities to persons with disabilities, including education, employment, programs, services, and activities. Accessibility@MC provides information to guide students, employees, and visitors towards support services, information, and resources. As employees of Montgomery College, we all play a role in removing barriers to education.
Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or suggestions to better support the Montgomery College community.
Request Accommodations and Services
Accommodations are facilitated by multiple departments and units across the campuses. Select your role as a student, employee, or a visitor/guest to explore available accommodations and services.
For students, Disability Support Services (DSS) provides accommodations and support services for students with documented disabilities. Find out how to initiate the process and receive more information about services on the Disability Support Services website.
Contact Disability Support Services at email@example.com
- Germantown Campus 240-567-7770
- Rockville Campus 240-567-5058
- Takoma Park/Silver Springs Campus 240-567-1480
Equal access to programs and services are facilitated by the hosting office, department, or program. While they coordinate accommodations for that specific event or program, Disability Support Services and/or the Director of ADA Compliance can put you in touch with the appropriate person.
Help is also available from our Response Center at 240-567-5000. They are generally available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Law, Policy, and Guidelines
Montgomery College shall adhere to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990), ADAAA 2009, with respect to
providing reasonable accommodations as necessary to afford equal access to our programs,
goods and services for qualified persons with disabilities.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, ADAA 2009 (ADA)
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Montgomery College Accessibility Policies
- Electronic Information Technology Accessibility (PDF, ) – Montgomery College Policy #66004
- Employment of Individuals with Disabilities (PDF, ) - Montgomery College Policy #32106
- Equal Education Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Policy (PDF, ) - Montgomery College Policy #41002
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) are a set of international Web standards developed by the World Wide Web Consortium