Search the Class Schedule
Most Classes Are Fully Online Until Further Notice
Winter Session: All winter classes will be fully online in a five-week session.
Spring Semester: Most spring classes will be fully online in either distance learning or structured remote format. Students in certain programs may come to campus for hybrid classes. For spring, we are offering classes in different lengths: 15-week (full term), seven-week (half term), and 13-week (late-starting).
Most noncredit courses are fully online. Noncredit courses run year-round with classes starting weekly. See noncredit course offerings.
Learn more about our COVID-19 response.
For spring 2021, we are offering 15-week (full term), seven-week (half term), and 13-week (late-starting) classes. To search for classes by length:
- Go to the Advanced Searchnew window.
- Choose the Spring 2021 term and click Submit.
- On the next screen, there are several filtering options. In the Part of Term box,
you can select by class length:
- Full Term (Credit): 15 weeks long (January 25 through May 16)
- 1st Half of Term: Seven weeks long (January 25 through March 14)
- 2nd Half of Term: Seven weeks long (March 29 through May 16)
- Week 2 Starts: 13 weeks long (February 8 through May 16)
Learn more about 15-week, seven-week, and late-starting classes.
Distance Learning courses: In the campus field, select Distance Learning. The location in the schedule will be "DL WEB."
Structured Remote courses: In the campus field, select Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, or Off Campus. The location in the schedule will be "REMOTE." These classes will not meet on campus. Instead, they will meet remotely at the scheduled times.
Hybrid courses: In the campus field, select Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, or Off Campus. Hybrid classes are listed in the course schedule with specific times and on-campus class locations. Some meetings will happen online and some on-campus. Instructors will contact students to provide details about course meeting times.
Learn more about distance learning, structured remote, and hybrid courses.
Examples of Co-Requisites:
ENGL 011+ENGL 011
- Go to Advanced Searchnew window.
- Choose the term and click Submit.
- On the next screen, search for one of the segments of the course (e.g., support course or lecture).
- Look at the course note below your preferred section to find the CRNs for linked sections.
- Register for all linked sections (CRNs) at the same time.
Learn more about registering for courses with co-requisites (PDF, ) .
LEGENDNoncredit icon = Noncredit
To register for classes, log in to MyMC. Click on the "Registration" tab then choose the icon that says "Register for Classes." Online registration is available until the day before the class begins. To register on the same day the class begins, go to an Office of Records and Registration on any campus prior to the class start time.
If you are not yet a student at MC, you'll need to apply first. See Getting Started: How to Apply and Register.
The tabs across the top show the next terms at Montgomery College.
Selecting a tab allows you to search that term only.
You may select one location or all of them.
You may also select "Distance Learning" as a campus to select online classes.
You may select credit or noncredit. If you select credit, you will see additional search options for attribute types.
Attribute types are for credit courses only. You may filter your search by any of the following attribute types.
- ATPA Support: Courses with embedded classroom support through Achieving the Promise Academy.
- Blended: Courses that are conducted partially on-campus and partially online.
- Honors Course: Selecting this attribute will display both honors-only courses and traditional courses that have an honors module available.
- Late Starting Classes: Courses that start after the official start of the semester. You may register for late-starting classes up until the day before the class begins.
- Z Courses: Courses that require no textbook purchases.
- Weekend Classes: Courses that meet only on the weekends.
For the spring and fall semesters, MC offers classes across several parts of term, which allows a larger variety of classes with different start dates. You may select a specific part of term in the Advanced Search to find courses offered in that part of term. Find out more about parts of term at MC.
See Parts of Term in the Advanced Search.
Most courses at MC have a waitlist if the course fills. Add yourself to a waitlist for a closed course. If a space becomes available, you will be notified via your MC email address to register for the course. You have 48 hours (or 24 hours if within one week of the start of classes) to login to your MyMC account and change your registration status from "Waitlist" to "Registered Web" for that course. You will not be charged for the course until you register. Waitlists are purged two days prior to the start of the class. See the Waitlist FAQ for more information.
All winter classes and most spring classes will be fully online.
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Search the Class Schedule
- Noncredit (WDCE) Course Offerings and Schedule
- October 5, 2020: Winter course offerings published online for viewing only.
- October 19, 2020: Winter registration opens.
- December 21, 2020: Winter classes begin (all online).
- October 19, 2020: Course offerings published online.
- November 2, 2020: Priority registration opens.
- November 9, 2020: General registration opens.
- January 25, 2021: Full term (15-week) classes begin.
- January 25, 2021: First seven-week classes begin.
- February 8: Late-starting (13-week) classes begin.
- March 29, 2021: Second seven-week classes begin.
- May 21, 2021: Official end of spring semester.
- Course schedules and registration dates to be announced.
- June 1, 2021: Summer I classes begin.
- June 21, 2021: Midsummer classes begin.
- July 12, 2021: Summer II classes begin.