Search the Class Schedule
Most Classes Are Fully Online Until Further Notice
Summer 2021 Credit Classes: Most classes will be fully online. Students in certain programs may come to campus for some face-to-face classes. Summer classes are available in five-week, six-week, 10-week, and 12-week formats.
Fall 2021 Credit Classes: Most classes will remain fully online, but classes that focus on hands-on skills and learning experiences will meet on campus (see Student Guidance for more information). Fall classes are available in 15-week, 7-week, and 13-week formats.
Most noncredit classes are fully online until further notice. Noncredit courses run year-round with classes starting weekly. See noncredit course offerings.
Search the class schedules below and register now. Meet with a counselor or advisor for help selecting classes.
We offer five-week, six-week, 10-week, and 12-week classes. Search both the Summer I and Summer II terms to find classes. Look for the start and end dates to determine class length.
We offer 15-week (full-term), seven-week (half-term), and 13-week (late-starting) classes. To search for classes by length:
- In the class search form below, select "Credit" for the course level.
- Under Attribute Type, you will see several options, including different course lengths (15-week Classes, 1st 7-week Classes, 2nd 7-week Classes, and 13-week Classes). Choose the length(s) you would like.
- A list of course subjects will display. Choose a subject to see all available courses. Check each section's start and end dates to confirm the class length.
Distance Learning courses: In the campus field, select Distance Learning. The location in the schedule will be "DL WEB."
Remote courses: In the campus field, select Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, or Off Campus. The location in the schedule will be "REMOTE." These classes will not meet on campus. Instead, they will meet remotely at the scheduled times.
On-Campus courses: In the campus field, select Germantown, Rockville, Takoma Park/Silver Spring, or Off Campus. On-campus classes are listed in the course schedule with specific times and on-campus class locations. Some meetings will happen online and some on-campus. Instructors will contact students to provide details about course meeting times.
Learn more about distance learning, structured remote, and on-campus courses.
Examples of Co-Requisites:
ENGL 101 + ENGL 011
BIOL 150 + BIOL 150L
MATH 020 + MATH 120
- Go to Advanced Searchnew window.
- Choose the term and click Submit.
- On the next screen, search for one of the segments of the course (e.g., support course or lecture).
- Look at the course note below your preferred section to find the CRNs for linked sections.
- Register for all linked sections (CRNs) at the same time.
Learn more about registering for courses with co-requisites (PDF, ) .
LEGENDNoncredit icon = Noncredit
To register for classes, log in to MyMC. Click on the "Registration" tab then choose the icon that says "Register for Classes." Online registration is available until the day before the class begins.
For a step-by-step guide to registering, see How to Register for Classes.
To register on the same day the class begins, go to an Office of Records and Registration on any campus prior to the class start time.
If you are not yet a student at MC, you'll need to apply first. See Getting Started: How to Apply and Register.
The tabs across the top show the next terms at Montgomery College.
Selecting a tab allows you to search that term only.
You may select one location or all of them.
You may also select "Distance Learning" as a campus to select online classes.
You may select credit or noncredit. If you select credit, you will see additional search options for attribute types.
Attribute types are for credit courses only. You may filter your search by any of the following attribute types.
- 15-week Classes, 13-week Classes, 1st 7-week Classes, and 2nd 7-week Classes:
- ATPA Support: Courses with embedded classroom support through Achieving the Promise Academy.
- Blended: Courses that are conducted partially on-campus and partially online.
- Honors Course: Selecting this attribute will display both honors-only courses and traditional courses that have an honors module available.
- Late Starting Classes: Courses that start after the official start of the semester. You may register for late-starting classes up until the day before the class begins.
- Z Courses: Courses that require no textbook purchases.
- Weekend Classes: Courses that meet only on the weekends.
For the spring and fall semesters, MC offers classes across several parts of term, which allows a larger variety of classes with different start and end dates. You may select a specific part of term in the Advanced Search to find courses offered in that part of term.
In the Part of Term box, you can select by class length:
- Full Term (Credit): 15 weeks long
- 1st Half of Term: Seven weeks long
- 2nd Half of Term: Seven weeks long
- Week 2 Starts: 13 weeks long
Find out more about parts of term at MC.
See Parts of Term in the Advanced Search.
Most courses at MC have a waitlist if the course fills. Add yourself to a waitlist for a closed course. If a space becomes available, you will be notified via your MC email address to register for the course. You have 48 hours (or 24 hours if within one week of the start of classes) to login to your MyMC account and change your registration status from "Waitlist" to "Registered Web" for that course. You will not be charged for the course until you register. Waitlists are purged two days prior to the start of the class. See the Waitlist FAQ for more information.
Most classes are fully online until further notice.
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Search the Class Schedule
- Noncredit (WDCE) Course Offerings and Schedule
- October 19, 2020: Course offerings published online.
- November 2, 2020: Priority registration opens.
- November 9, 2020: General registration opens.
- January 25, 2021: Full term (15-week) classes begin.
- January 25, 2021: First seven-week classes begin.
- February 8: Late-starting (13-week) classes begin.
- March 29, 2021: Second seven-week classes begin.
- May 21, 2021: Official end of spring semester.
- March 29, 2021: Course offerings published online.
- April 5, 2021: Registration opens.
- June 1, 2021: Summer I classes begin.
- June 21, 2021: Midsummer classes begin.
- July 12, 2021: Summer II classes begin.
- April 19, 2021: Course offerings published online.
- April 26, 2021: Priority registration opens.
- May 3, 2021: General registration opens.
- August 30, 2021: Fall classes begin.