About Montgomery College
We’re All About Transforming the Community College Experience.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs.
MC consistently receives high rankings and national recognition:
- Ranked #1 community college in Marylandnew window by Niche (2020).
- Ranked #1 for two-year schoolsnew window and 11th overall of 55 higher education institutions in Maryland by EdSmart (2019).
- Ranked 12th best college in the nationnew window to earn your online computer science AA degree by TheBestSchools.org (2019).
- Ranked 10th in the nationnew window for students' career outcomes by WalletHub (2018).
- Ranked 12th in the nationnew window among community colleges for online learning by BestColleges (2018).
- Ranked Best for Vetsnew window by Military Times (2018, 2017, 2016).
- Ranked most diverse community college in the continental USnew window by the Chronicle of Higher Education (2019, 2018).
- Ranked 9th in the nation new windowamong community colleges for adult learners by Washington Monthly (2017).
- Ranked highly by Washington Monthly for ease of transfer to four-year schools, flexibility of programs, and services for adult students (2017).
One of the foundations of our academic programs and courses is the ability to take what you learn and effectively apply it in the world.
Life at MC isn’t all about hitting the books. Students participate in 130 clubs and organizations, including student government, sports, academic and social organizations, and special interest clubs.
Our students learn from a talented and award-winning faculty made up of academic leaders and industry experts. With an 18:1 student-teacher ratio and small classes, students can get to know their instructors and develop partnerships that foster growth and achievement.
We provide educational value both through the excellence of our academic programs and a determined effort to keep our tuition costs low.