About Montgomery College
We’re All About Transforming the Community College Experience
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, MC is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs.
Ninety-seven percent of new students would recommend MC to a friend or family member. (Survey of Entering Student Engagement, 2020)
- Ranked one of the best community colleges of 2021new window by Academic Influence (2021).
- Ranked Top 5 Overall & The Best Value in Marylandnew window by Intelligent.com (2021).
- Ranked as one of the best for diversity among colleges and universities in the USnew window by College Factual (2021).
- MC's nursing program ranked among the top 25 associate's degree in nursing programsnew window by Nursing School Hub (2021).
- Ranked among the top 100 community colleges with the best return on investmentnew window by Stacker (2021).
- Ranked among the best community colleges in the nationnew window by WalletHub (2020).
- Ranked #1 community college in Maryland with the highest earning graduatesnew window by Zippia, the Career Expert (2020).
- Ranked #1 in best online community colleges in Marylandnew window by Guide to Online Schools (2020).
- Ranked #1 community college in Marylandnew window by Niche (2020).
- Ranked #1 for two-year schoolsnew window and 11th overall of 55 higher education institutions in Maryland by EdSmart (2019).
- Ranked 12th best college in the nationnew window to earn your online computer science AA degree by TheBestSchools.org (2019).
- Ranked 10th in the nationnew window of community college graduates for career outcomes by WalletHub (2018).
- Ranked 12th in the nationnew window among community colleges for online learning by BestColleges (2018).
- Ranked Best for Vetsnew window by Military Times (2018, 2017, 2016).
- Ranked most diverse community college in the continental USnew window by the Chronicle of Higher Education (2019, 2018).
- Ranked 9th in the nation new windowamong community colleges for adult learners by Washington Monthly (2017).
- Ranked highly by Washington Monthly for ease of transfer to four-year schools, flexibility of programs, and services for adult students (2017).
One of the foundations of our academic programs and courses is the ability to take what you learn and effectively apply it in the world.
Life at MC isn’t all about hitting the books. Students participate in 130 clubs and organizations, including student government, sports, academic and social organizations, and special interest clubs.
Our students learn from a talented and award-winning faculty made up of academic leaders and industry experts. With an 17:1 student-teacher ratio and small classes, students can get to know their instructors and develop partnerships that foster growth and achievement.
We provide educational value both through the excellence of our academic programs and a determined effort to keep our tuition costs low.