Higher Education Opportunity Act
Who is the HEOA for?
The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Actnew window (HEOA) of 2008, includes many requirements for disclosing information to:
- The public
- Current students and their families
- Prospective students and their families
- College employees and prospective employees
- Prospective student athletes and their parents, guidance counselors, and coaches
- College bookstores
- Borrowers or prospective borrowers of education loans
Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) was established to provide consumers with comparable information from all institutions of higher education. HEOA's required disclosures are mandated to give consumers easy access to information that can be used in making sound decisions about their education. Montgomery College has a long established practice of making this information readily available, and you will find all disclosures required by HEOA on this website.
- General Institutional Information
- Teacher Preparation Program Report 2023 (PDF, )
- Voter Registration Information (Maryland)
- 2022 Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act Report (EADA) (PDF, )
2022 EADA Report Note: Revised data in Tables 4, 7, and 10 due to a change in athletically related aid awarded to Men’s Basketball.
Selecting a college can be an overwhelming. Gathering information is a critical step in making this very important decision. The information below can help prospective students determine the true value of an education at Montgomery College.
- Privacy of Student Records - Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)new window
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilitiesnew window
- Student Diversity (PDF, )
- Price of Attendancenew window
- Net Price Calculatornew window
- Textbook Informationnew window
- Educational Programnew window
- Instructional Facilitiesnew window
- Facultynew window
- Transfer of Credit Policiesnew window and Articulation Agreementsnew window
- Accreditationnew window
- Copyright Infringement - Policies and Sanctions (PDF, )
- Acceptable Use of Information Technology (PDF, )
- Veterans and Militarynew window
- Student Activitiesnew window
- Student Career and Employment Servicesnew window
Information on available types of aid and assistance available to help pay for your education.
- Assistance Available From Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programsnew window
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violationsnew window
- Student Loan Informationnew window
- Direct Loan Guide 2023-24 (PDF, )
- Direct Plus Loan 2023-24new window
- Verification Policies 2023-24 (PDF, )
- Standards of Satisfactory Academic Progress 2023-24 (PDF, )
- Award Conditions 2023-24 (PDF, )
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowersnew window
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers (PDF, )
- Student Loan Code of Conduct (PDF, )
- Financial Aid Packaging Policy 2023-24 (PDF, )
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal 2023-24 (PDF, )
- Appealing a Financial Aid Award and Special Circumstancesnew window
Our Gainful Employment webpages contain the following information concerning certificate programs at Montgomery College:
- Certificate program costs
- Financing options
- Time to complete certificate program
- Job placement rates for students who have completed this program
Student retention information shows the trends in how Montgomery College students are progressing towards their educational goals. This information can be especially helpful to prospective students in evaluating the expectations regarding the typical amount of time to completion.
- Graduation-Transfer Rate Trend - Student Right to Know - Fall 2019 (PDF, )
- Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates - Fall 2019 Cohort (PDF, )
- Graduation-Transfer Rate Trend - Student Right to Know - Fall 2018 (PDF, )
- Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates - Fall 2018 Cohort (PDF, )
- Graduation-Transfer Rate Trend - Student Right to Know - Fall 2017 (PDF, )
- Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates - Fall 2017 Cohort (PDF, )
- Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates - Fall 2016 Cohort (PDF, )
- 4-year Average Rates by Gender (PDF, )
- Montgomery College Student Success Score Card
- Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Important safety information for students, including drug and alcohol abuse prevention
program, vaccination policies, and the Annual Security Report.
Awareness of health, safety and security on Montgomery College campuses is important for all students. The Annual Security Report below provides crime statistics for our campuses as well as other important safety information for students.
- Environmental Safety
- Emergency Operations
- Annual Security Reportnew window
- 2015 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Biennial Review (PDF, )
- 2017 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Biennial Review (PDF, )
- 2019 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Biennial Review (PDF, )
- 2021 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Biennial Review (PDF, )
Note: The 2019 Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Biennial Review Appendix B revised on 08/26/2021.
Note: The College migrated to a new website. The 2015 and 2017 Biennial Review documents referenced in Appendix B are available on the HEOA website under Health and Safety. The Student Code of Conduct may be accessed through the College's Policies and Procedures website.
Please refer to the COVID-19 websitenew window for information regarding this vaccination.
Students enrolling in specific health fields review requirements as outlined in Procedure Section IV, E., "Additional Requirements for Admission to Medical Health Science Programs" located at Official Policy & Procedure: Reference 41001 & 41001CP.
The Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act requires co-educational institutions of postsecondary education that participate in a Title IV, federal student financial assistance program, and have an intercollegiate athletic program, to prepare an annual report to the Department of Education on athletic participation, staffing, and revenues and expenses, by men's and women's teams. The Department will use this information in preparing its required report to the Congress on gender equity in intercollegiate athletics.
Equity in athletics data is now available at the US Department of Educationnew window website. This site provides data from thousands of colleges and universities in a convenient searchable form.
Statute and Regulations
The Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315) (HEOA) was enacted on August 14, 2008. This law reauthorizes and extends the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended. The Higher Education Act (HEA) provides the statutory authority for most of the programs and activities administered or conducted by the Office of Postsecondary Education, including requirements related to equity in athletics disclosure.
- -excerpt from US Department of Educationnew window website
- Montgomery College's 2021 Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA) report (PDF, )
- 2019 Confidential Reporting for Athletic Concerns (PDF, )
- Montgomery College Athletics Website
- Montgomery College Retention and Graduation Information
Athletically Related Student Aid
Montgomery College began offering student aid for athletes in fall 2018.
- Montgomery College Reports on Students Receiving Athletic Aid 2022 (PDF, )
- Graduation Transfer-Out Rates - Fall 2018 Cohort (PDF, )
- Montgomery College Reports on Students Receiving Athletic Aid 2023 (PDF, ) (Updated Note 7/12/23)
- Graduation-Transfer-Out Rates - Fall 2019 Cohort (PDF, )
- Montgomery College Average Graduation and Transfer Rates - Overall (PDF, )
- Montgomery College Average Graduation and Transfer Rates - Sport (PDF, )
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this data.
Read MC's Disclosure of information to students and employees.