Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness supports the college by:
- Providing data and analysis for information, planning, and internal decision making,
- Assisting with the design, implementation, and reporting of research studies,
- Coordinating the Montgomery College Institutional Review Board (IRB),
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing student, faculty, and staff surveys and focus groups,
- Working with Academic Affairs, Student Services, Administrative Services, and IT to help maintain a robust Student Information System,
- Generating data in response to both internal and external data requests,
- Creating mandated data files and reports for federal, state, and county agencies, including, but not limited to, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, Middle States, Federal and State Departments of Education, the Maryland Association of Community Colleges, and the Montgomery County Council.
Featured EventSkip section
The MC Student Journey: Retention
Wednesday, August 28, 2019
8:30 a.m. - noon
To better understand our student population and its needs, MC produces the Student Enrollment Profile and Fact Book.
Graduation and Transfer
MC tracks how many students receive an Associate Degree or Certificate, how many transfer to another college, and which colleges are most popular for transferring students.
Student Success Report Card
The Student Success Report Card is a set of indicators that tracks student achievement. It provides actionable information to hep the College assess and improve is programs focused on achievement and success for every student.
Recent reports include Selected Demographics for Instructional Faculty. (PDF, )