Institutional Research and Effectiveness
The Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness supports the college by:
- Providing data for accreditation, compliance, and conducting analysis for assessment, planning, and internal decision making,
- Generating reports in response to both internal institutional-based, and external grant-based data project requests,
- Coordinating the Montgomery College Institutional Review Board (IRB),
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing student, faculty, and staff surveys and focus groups,
- Collaborating with college communities to build a data governance structure and to develop a robust data analytical system,
- Maintaining accountability compliance through developing mandated data files and reports for federal, state, and county agencies, including, but not limited to, the Maryland Higher Education Commission, Middle States, Federal and State Departments of Education, the Maryland Association of Community Colleges, and the Montgomery County Council.
Find out more about the Office in our Annual Report for Fiscal 2023 (PDF, ) .
To better understand our student population and its needs, MC produces the Student Enrollment Profile and Fact Book.
Graduation and Transfer
MC tracks how many students receive an Associate Degree or Certificate, how many transfer to another college, and which colleges are most popular for transferring students.
Student Success Report Card
The Student Success Report Card is a set of indicators that tracks student achievement. It provides actionable information to hep the College assess and improve is programs focused on achievement and success for every student.
Employee data is maintained by the Office of Human Resources and Strategic Talent Management, HRSTM
- Employee Data Dashboard by HRSTMnew window