Equity and Inclusion
Join us for our next Let's Talk event on Tuesday, June 7, 2022.
Time: 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Our theme will be: Let’s Talk: Racism and Violence in the Wake of Mass Shootings
The Office of Equity and Inclusion at Montgomery College upholds a culture that values civil discourse, a safe environment for sharing, and one that observes, measures, and rewards success so that we can create an extraordinary educational institution.
We will promote and create a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity, and inclusiveness.
What We Do
The charge of the Office of Equity and Inclusion is to build a program that addresses ten critical areas of work:
- Student Access, Inclusion, and Equity around the Student Completion Agenda
- Climate and Culture Assessment, Responsiveness, and Action
- Planning, Benchmarking, and Best Practices
- Staffing Resourcing and Succession Planning
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Promotion and Retention of Employees
- Faculty Teaching, Research, and Curriculum
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Programming and Policies
- External Community Engagement, Collaboration, and Linkages
- Business Practices, Workforce/Career Pathways, and Procurement
Equity for Students, Employees, Business Partners
Access and Achievement
- We aspire to be welcoming, equitable, inclusive, and culturally competent.
- We are polite in our interactions by:
- greeting and acknowledging others;
- saying please and thank you;
- respecting others’ time, space, and individuality;
- being direct, sensitive, and honest.
- We listen for common ground.
- We treat each other with respect by:
- welcoming feedback with an open mind and giving others the benefit of the doubt;
- acknowledging the contributions of others and recognizing successes;
- acknowledging the impact of our behavior on others with a caring heart.
- We Address incivility in a polite, courteous, and responsible manner.
Inspired by Mastering Civility by Christine Porat
Senior Vice President Liaisons for the President’s Advisory Committee on Equity and Inclusion (PACEI)
Andrea Foster, Professor, Business Administration
Carmen Poston Travis, Director of Student Affairs & Initiatives
Terrence Evelyn, Campus Director of Facilities
James Hodge, Part-Time Faculty, Accounting
Rose Garvin Aquilino, Associate Senior Vice President, Advancement and Community Engagement
Yu (Judy) Zhu, Purchasing Manager
Stacey Gustavson, Enrollment and Student Access Director
News and Information
Equity and Inclusion Staff
Sharon WilderChief Equity and Inclusion Officer