Equity and Inclusion
What We Do
Our goal is to uphold a culture that values civil discourse, a safe environment for sharing, and one that observes, measures, and rewards success so that we can create an extraordinary educational institution.
We will promote and create a working and learning environment rooted in the basic tenets of fairness, diversity,and inclusiveness.
The charge of the Office of Equity and Inclusion is to build a program that addresses ten critical areas of work:
- Student Access, Inclusion, and Equity around the Student Completion Agenda
- Climate and Culture Assessment, Responsiveness, and Action
- Planning, Benchmarking, and Best Practices
- Staffing Resourcing and Succession Planning
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Promotion and Retention of Employees
- Faculty Teaching, Research, and Curriculum
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Programming and Policies
- External Community Engagement, Collaboration, and Linkages
- Business Practices, Workforce/Career Pathways, and Procurement
We operate under the IDEEALS conceptual framework:
Equity for Students, Employees, Business Partners
Access and Achievement
-PACEI Leadership Team
- We aspire to be welcoming, equitable, inclusive, and culturally competent.
- We are polite in our interactions by:
- greeting and acknowledging others;
- saying please and thank you;
- respecting others’ time, space, and individuality;
- being direct, sensitive, and honest.
- We listen for common ground.
- We treat each other with respect by:
- welcoming feedback with an open mind and giving others the benefit of the doubt;
- acknowledging the contributions of others and recognizing successes;
- acknowledging the impact of our behavior on others with a caring heart.
- We Address incivility in a polite, courteous, and responsible manner.
Inspired by Mastering Civility by Christine Porath
The Office of Equity and Inclusion works through a Presidential Advisory Committee and several subcommittees.