Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Each semester at Montgomery College's Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, we change lives and change the world, one student at a time. Our dedicated faculty bring expertise and offer quality instruction in over 100 different disciplines to more than 7,800 students from over 140 countries. Established on this site in 1950, this cosmopolitan campus is the headquarters of the College's health sciences program and home to the School of Art + Design.
Fenton Street, from the corner of New York Avenue south to Takoma Avenue, is totally closed from 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. No vehicles will be allowed on this section of Fenton Street during this time. Please obey all traffic control signs in this area. This project, which is being conducted by Pepco for upgrading utilities in the area, will last for several months.
- Due to the closure of Fenton Street, ABSOLUTELY NO STOPPING, WAITING, OR DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP ACTIVITY WILL BE PERMITTED ON NEW YORK AVENUE. Everyone should use the pick-up and drop-off zone we created on the first floor of the East Garage. Learn more about drop-off and pick-up procedures (PDF, ) . All visitors to the campus should park in the East Garage.
- During the hours when Fenton Street is open to traffic, steel plates will be used to securely cover dig sites. When wet, these steel plates can be slick. Please exercise extra caution when driving or riding bicycles in the work area on Fenton Street.
- During the hours when Fenton Street is closed, all traffic exiting our East Garage will be required to turn left (north) out of the garage toward Philadelphia Avenue. Right turns toward New York Avenue will not be permitted.
- The closure of Fenton Street will also have a major impact on the Ride On bus routes (#17 and #18) that use Fenton Street. The Ride On buses will no longer drop off or pick up passengers on Fenton Street next to the Student Services Building (ST). Both Ride On routes will drop off and pick up passengers only at the stops at the intersection of Philadelphia and Chicago Avenues next to Pavilion 4 (P4).
As of June 2019, Falcon Hall (FH), Science South (SS), the tennis courts, and parking lot E1 are closed for demolition. The site is slated for construction of the new Catherine and Isiah Leggett Math and Science Buildingnew window.
Legend of Buildings (as of February 2020)
CF -The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation Arts Center (Refugee Training Center,
Workforce Development and Continuing Education-WDCE)
CM - Catherine F. Scott Commons
CU - Cultural Arts Center
EG - East Garage (parking)
HC - Health Sciences Center
MP - Mathematics Pavilion
NP - North Pavilion
P1 - Pavilion One
P2 - Pavilion Two
P3 - Pavilion Three
P4 - Pavilion Four
RC - Resource Center (Library)
SN - Science North
ST - Charlene R. Nunley Student Services Center (Bookstore; Cafeteria; Counseling and Advising; Financial Aid Office; Public Safety Office, Raptor Central (Admissions, Enrollment, Visitor Services); Records and Registration Office; Student Life Office)
WG - West Garage (parking)
Take I-495 West to Exit 31 or East to Exit 31B, Georgia Avenue South (Route 97). Continue south on Georgia Avenue past the Colesville Road (Route 29) intersection. Following the signs for Montgomery College, turn left (East) on Sligo Avenue. Follow Sligo Avenue to Fenton Street; turn right. Continue (southbound) on Fenton Street through the traffic light at Philadelphia Avenue (Route 410). The East Garage is just ahead on your right, and the campus itself begins one block farther at New York Avenue and Fenton Street. The West Garage is located off Georgia Avenue on Jesup Blair Drive.
A valid Montgomery College parking permit is required. Visitor permits can be obtained from the East Garage (EG) and West Garage (WG) attendants, Raptor Central in ST 123, the Office of Safety and Security on the first floor of the Charlene R. Nunley Student Services Center (ST), and the lobby desk on the first floor of the Health Sciences Center (HC).
Take Red Line train to Silver Spring station, then transfer to Ride On Bus Route 17 or 18.
The campus is served by both Ride On Bus and Metrobus routes with connections to Metrorail.
Charlene R. Nunley Student Services Center
Security Office and Admissions Office
7625 Fenton Street
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Health Sciences Center
Workforce Development and Continuing Education (WDCE)
7977 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation Arts Center
930 King Street
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Cultural Arts Center
7995 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Get a feel for life on the Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus. Explore the campus right from your computer or mobile device through our virtual tour—click below to launch. You can also sign up for an in-person guided tour.
Student Services Center, Room 123
Admissions and registration help, campus tours, and more.
Follett will convert operations as follows until further notice:
- Stores on all campuses will be closed to guests.
- Follett can remotely retrieve technology voucher requests submitted by the Foundation for approved student support (re-allocation of commencement funds).
- Stores on all campuses will be entered by Follett employees only on an exception basis when an order does not process correctly. Follett will limit this access to one employee and may need access to all three campuses due to limitations on Follett software.
- Follett will not be able to retrieve phone messages remotely and will put an outgoing message on their phones providing the caller with an email address for follow up.
- Follett will stop receiving incoming shipments on Montgomery College campuses. All orders will have to be delivered to the requester's address.
- Follett will not be able to continue the laptop loaner program as that would require a person to person exchange involving a student and a Follett employee.
- Future requests for loaners should be advocated by an MC employee to the Foundation
for their review and approval for a technology voucher.
The Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus's academic learning centers offer tutoring, workshops, technology access, review sessions, quiet study areas, and more. The learning centers require you to bring identification with you in order to use their facilities. You must bring a valid MC ID with the current registration sticker.
The Office of Student Life wants you to get involved on campus! Join one of the dozens of student clubs (or start your own), get involved in student government, check out the student-run campus newspaper, and learn more about leadership, volunteering, and service-learning opportunities.
Student Services (ST) Center, Room 217
Brad Stewart is vice president/provost of the Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus and the collegewide Communications, Health Sciences, Health & Physical Education, and Humanities (CHSHPEH) academic unit.
- Office of Public Safety
Student Services Center (ST), Room 117
- Office of Records and Registration
Student Services Center (ST), Room 123
- Office of Financial Aid
Student Services Center (ST), Room 133
- Counseling and Advising Office
Student Services Center (ST), Room 233 (by appointment only)
- Assessment Center
Student Services Center (ST), Room 323B
- Academic Departments
- Campus Operations Team
- Parking Portal
- Catherine and Isiah Leggett Math and Science Building