Medical Learning Center
Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.– 3:30 p.m.
On-campus services are available by drop-in and appointment.
Virtual support is available by appointment only:
Email Sarah Netzel-Arnett or call 240-567-5592 for an on-campus or Zoom appointment.
Email Grace Gourdine or call 240-567-5591 for an on-campus or Zoom appointment.
Health Sciences Center (HC) 221 (campus map and directions)
240-567-5591 or 240-567-5592
You must have an MC ID to use the Medical Learning Center.
The Medical Learning Center (MLC) provides a comfortable learning environment for students to study and learn. The MLC has computers, health science books, health science CDs, media accessories, Ink Print Stations, two scanners and a Disability Support Services workstation.
- assist students in using computer applications to complete assignments, projects and presentations.
- provide appropriate computer software, printer kiosks, scanners, audio-visual materials, videos, anatomy models, books, journals and equipment to enhance student's learning in the Health Sciences.
- proctor exams for online Health Sciences courses and students who need special accommodations.
- provide a place for Health Sciences students to take and review tests.
- provide a place for faculty to teach students via computer programs and software.
- provide computers and internet access for professional development training for faculty and staff.
- Internet/Microsoft-Office 365, 2016
- Printer Kiosks and Scanners
- Books/DVDs/Audio CDs
- Anatomy Models
- Adam Interactive Anatomy
- Anatomy TV
- Clinical Simulation in Mental Health Nursing
- Cultural Competence
- Interactive Guide to Physical Therapy
- MEDCOM HIPAA/OSHA Training
- Nursing Process & Critical Thinking
- Science to Life
- SimXray 2.51
- SleepMultiMedia 6.51
- VH Human Dissector 4.1 & 4.5.2
- Accessibility Software
- JAWS 17
- Kurzweil 3000
- ZoomText 10.0
- Students must have a Montgomery College ID to use the Center.
- Students currently enrolled in the Medical Programs have high priority use of the Center.
- Beverages and food are not permitted in the Center.
- Children are not allowed in the Center.
- Be respectful of others and their property.
- Turn cell phones to vibrate or silent. Please leave the Center if you need to make a phone call.
- All material issued in the Center must remain in the Center at all times.
- To be informed of Center changes students should read all postings on MLC door & whiteboard within the Center or website.
- See Printing on Campus for information about printing at various locations.
MC librarian Vickie Drake created research guides for many of the health science programs at Montgomery College. These guides are a rich and convenient source of program-specific information for finding articles, books, websites, and other suggested guides.
- Health (General)new window
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographynew window
- Fire Science & Emergencynew window
- Health Information Managementnew window
- Mental Healthnew window
- Nursingnew window
- Physical Education & Healthnew window
- Physical Therapist Assistantnew window
- Radiologic Technologynew window
- Surgical Technologynew window
Access Library E-Resourcesnew window available through MC Library.